Strange box

Fans and addicts of the popular online game can unite here to share tips or brag about their accomplishments.

Strange box

Postby Greywind333 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:33 am

Sorry for making two posts on a very short time, but i jus thave to know what strange boxes are for. :s
Just a silly little girl :p
Greywind333
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:01 pm

Strange boxes are a random event. A mysterious old man will appear out of nowhere and randomly give you one.

The only way to get rid of the strange box is to open it and answer the question it gives you. If you get the answer wrong or do not pay attention to the strange box, it will duplicate in your inventory.

After the last box is opened, you will get a random item from it. It could be a few coins, or a gem. The best item I ever got from one was a half key(members only).
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby pinksrv » Sun May 01, 2005 4:36 am

talking about that, i got the genie...its a fraud, he shouldn´t be called like that, i just got my lvl*10 of Xp...thats nothing

i am very mad with this event, i had a lot of hopes on it :(
pinksrv
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Sun May 01, 2005 12:44 pm

The genie event is not good if you're putting the experience into an easy-to-raise skill like mining or woodcutting, but it does help quite a lot if you're putting it into something more difficult to raise, like prayer or herblore.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

mysterious objects

Postby soulshifter50 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:08 am

i think i know how these items appear?

for the boxes u need to kill mages (AI) non-stop.
for genies u need to attack humans (man or woman or higher)

:MIB
I live with living -- but am one of the dead -- I am a restless ghost -- doing nothing but to serve peace -- to a land with everlasting chaos.
soulshifter50
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:31 am

The events are random. You can get them when you're doing almost anything. I seem to get genies quite frequently when I'm killing abyssal demons.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Return to The RuneScape League