Money Raising Tips

Fans and addicts of the popular online game can unite here to share tips or brag about their accomplishments.

Money Raising Tips

Postby Neosurfur » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:10 pm

I need some help!
Neosurfur
Townfolk

Postby Megafrost » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:12 am

Is Killium the character you use?

Certain skills will need to be higher if you need to make money. Some of the high-level monsters have decent loot, like Lesser Demons (Level 81). Fighting high-level monsters can be profitable, but you first need fighting experience and equipment. You also need a way to get food.

As near as I can tell, non-members have 4 other methods of making good money:

Woodcutting: Yew logs sell for 200-300 gp each, but those require a woodcutting level of 60. Yew trees can be found in Edgeville. If you want to try Willow logs, I think they sell for about 30 gp each and require level 30 woodcutting.

Fishing: Your best bet here is Lobster. Warriors require food and chefs require ingredients. Lobsters sell for up to 150 gp each.

Mining: Iron ores sell for 50-100 gp each, but unless you have a rune pick, other miners will beat you all the time. Coal ores are a bit more profitable, selling from 100-175 gp each and requiring 30 mining. If you really need the money, sell them as ores. Armor and weapons are worth less than the raw materials.

Merchanting: This involves purchasing items and selling them again for a higher price. For example, you could buy 1000 coal ores for 100 gp each, and then sell them for 150 gp each, making 50k profit. However, you have to know the prices of the item in question really well, and you have to already have some money here.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Neosurfur » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:22 am

ahh, I see, I think I will try woodcutting and fishing, my stats in my sig arent my actual stats, they haven't updated.....I'll have to fix that
Neosurfur
Townfolk

Postby ootsoo » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:36 pm

Good tips..

If ur a victorius warrior.. try PK in wild. u can get tons of fish and expensive stuf fast.. if ur good enough.
ootsoo
Traveler

Postby Shabazz Shabazz » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:45 pm

Well it hard to make a lot of money if your a non member. Jax makes it like this. At first the game is easy, you want to get stronger better and richer. As you get further you find out that its very time consuming and you are limited to only certien skills and its very difficut to get a lot of anything rare. Also if your not playing with a decent internet or a decent computer the ads will really affect your speed. They are moving picture ads, those are the worst.

If you get a members money is easy to get for example lobsters and coal. probobly the 2 most commenly bought things in the entire game. if your a non member its very difficult to mass fish or mine either one of them.

The only place you can get lobsters in on the Island of Karamaja. Sounds easy right, but no bank and it costs 30 gp to get there and it takes a long time.

As for coal, you can get very rich minning this but there is soo much compitition for it and unless you have minning 60 (which would be very hard to get for non members because of lack of coal) the best spot is the barbarian village which has 4 spots and 5 different people minning one spot at a time.

But the ways listed above are good ways but very difficult and time consuming for non members
MY NAME IS SHABAZZ SHABAZZ
AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Shabazz Shabazz
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:55 pm

Oh right, about raising your mining... If you're just practicing your mining and don't care about profits, don't practice on coal. Coal is slow.

At low levels, mine copper & tin for practice. Once you can use a rune pick, you should be able to 1-hit iron ores(assuming you use a rune pick). Iron ores are by far the fastest method of raising mining. This can get you the 60 mining needed to get into the guild.

If you need your coal now, there is a bunch of coal just south of the Dark Warrior castle(around level 14). There will be 20 or so coal rocks, and likely nobody mining it since it is in the wilderness. Be wary of PKers. If you're paranoid, bring some teleport runes.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby bloodydude22 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:00 am

get woodcutting up to 75 and then u can chop down magic logs and make about 1 K per log so get a full inforty and get 24K its hard to get it up to 75 but its worth it if u need help getting it up talk to me at my runescape accont witch is bloodydude22 :)
bloodydude22
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:07 am

There's only one problem with that:

Neosurfer isn't a member.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby bloodydude22 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:01 am

i never knew that he never said if he was a memeber of not it wasnt my fault
:pissed
bloodydude22
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:51 pm

I don't blame you for not knowing. But since there are so many more non-members than members, it's generally safer to assume they aren't members.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby dogeatsdog1 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:39 pm

hey mega can u help me plz?
I'M LVL 71
dogeatsdog1
Traveler

Return to The RuneScape League