"iron ore is too impure and u fail to refine it"

Fans and addicts of the popular online game can unite here to share tips or brag about their accomplishments.

"iron ore is too impure and u fail to refine it"

Postby Dookz » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:46 pm

hmm what does this means. Everytime this pops up when im smelting, my iron ore disappears instead of turning it into a bar. What do I need to do to prevent this?
Dookz
Traveler

Postby Gigafrost » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:53 pm

There's nothing you can do to avoid this, as I understand. You might be able to reduce the amount of times it happens with a very high level spell, but I can't entirely recall...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Dookz » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:19 am

is it the heat spell? can u smelt with success with higher level mining and/or smithing if applicable?
Dookz
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:08 am

The "Superheat item" spell is specifically to be used on iron ores. It smelts the ore, with a 100% chance of success(or so I hear).

It requires 1 nature rune, and some fire runes. I don't know exactly how many fire runes, because to me it doesn't matter what with my having a fire staff.

That is the only method that could possibly reduce the amount of iron ore you lose. I don't remember what level spell superheat item is, but it's probably sooner than level 49.

If you have to smelt your iron at a furnace...the only other thing you can possibly do is to add 2 lumps of coal for each iron that you stick into the furnace, but you will end up getting steel bars instead of iron(with 100% success). It requires level 30 smithing to make steel bars.

Personally, there is one of two methods of raising smithing. If you want to do everything yourself(mine the materials, smelt the ore, smith the bars), stick with iron. It'll still be much more worth it. However, another method would be to mine a significant amount of coal and iron and make steel bars from them(make at least 100 bars), sell the bars to another player, and then use the money you make to buy more coal and iron, smelt them, repeat.

The second method is suggested if you tire of mining endlessly and just want to stick with smithing itself.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby darkvcmaster » Wed May 04, 2005 12:27 am

If you are a member, you can make or buy a Ruby Ring of Forging, about 5k i think. It allows you to smelt 140 ores until it goes poof, and those 140 will always be smelted into bars. ):D
The statement below is False
The statement above is True

[spoiler]If you can read this, you don't need glasses[/spoiler]
darkvcmaster
Traveler

Return to The RuneScape League