Names

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Names

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Sun May 01, 2005 5:48 am

I find this odd. my name ..SUP... i feel is my own and wherever i go online the name is what i go by or some variation of that since rarely do i find a site that allows my full spelling with spacing included.

Anyway i was wondering if this form of identity is found among others. I know of two other people like this. One of them has two names and uses one name to people online she is personal with and the other with those she doesn't know or know enough to trust. The other one is like me and just uses one name except he changes the letters of his name around from place to place.

i'm wondering what others are like. And then this lead me to wonder about my real name. What is your real name? Is it the name given to by your parents or the name chosen by you? Does it even matter in regards to indiviuality?

My first name offline is Rinu. That name is strange enough to me. My parents don't know where they got and hell of the people I know whose name resemble mine in the least doesn't know what they're name mean or where they're parents got it from. It can't be cultural....anyway for me Rinu is me even though it was chosen for me when i was born. Just as much as SUP is also me even though I chose it.

Is my real name both or is one more real than the other?
what about your names?
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby Roadkill » Sun May 01, 2005 5:35 pm

My first name, eric, to me is just a name. Everyone calls me eric. When people call me by my nicknames, or even my last name, i gues i like it more. It identify's me from everyone else in a crowd, and its mine.

online... i use Surprise/Roadkill. either/or. Doesn't matter too much, but i think i've shifted into being roadkill more now that my overall general mood and philosophy and all that has changed since i came up with surprise.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Mon May 02, 2005 4:10 am

I think real names are similar to ones phyisical appearance and ones place of birth. It's not something you can chose yet it's kinda an important part of you that you care about, all the same.

Anyway, my first name is Jim. My online name is this one - TerraFrost. Although I chose it, it is heavily based off of the name Gigafrost (which, iirc, was chosen a few moments before I chose mine). The frost suffix is due to the "Frost Jedi" starcraft clan.

So for me, TerraFrost is, like Jim, a name that's grown on me - not the other way around.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby chaotic century » Mon May 02, 2005 6:08 pm

My real name is Arthur, it was chosen by my parents and I guess they got it from king Arthur... pretty much that is what I respond too...

My online aliases are this one Chaotic Century which I got from zoids... but it is what I am pretty much known as online or the nickname that came from that CC..

One of my other names is Chaos Sentry which was only because I couldn't fit my full name in there I decided to shorten it and change it a little.

My third name comes from my favorite anime charactor, Vash, and I pretty much only use that on anime baords..

But Chaotic Century has become my name online and what I am used to being called.
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Tue May 03, 2005 2:59 am

My fake name is Rapscallion. My fake nickname is Rap. My real name is Jacob Michael Fritz. My real nickname is Jake. Savy?
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby The Baked Potato » Tue May 03, 2005 11:06 pm

My name is Chris, in Counter-Strike, dod, Firearms or any other multiplay Half-Life mod I am Baked Potato Ver. 4.0

So my name is pretty original, only once did it get close to being unoriginal: Sgt. Potato played on my dod clan's server once.
"I should have known we could never escape Sailor Bubba."
The Baked Potato
Traveler

Postby Dracofrost » Wed May 04, 2005 4:34 am

Well, I usually just use my real name in real life and a few of my internet names across the internet. They aren't different people, just different names for the same person. Like how someone might use different adjectives to describe the same thing. "It's tall" instead of "It's big" or whatever. I've had a few different netnames, with different origins.

Started with NimrodConjuror, which can be shortened to either just Nimrod, or to NC. However, when I decided to join in the with the Frost Jedi army in the Castle Reshka Barracks, I came up with my frost name, which I now currently use on most message boards (though I'm increasingly finding that someone else has taken the name before me).

On most FPS games, mostly Counter-Strike and the like, I will go by the name of Daimyo. Japanese for warlord, I think. *shrugs*

However, on the few occasions in which I have met people in reality, who I initially met online, I often go by Draco or Nimrod as if that were my first name.

And I'm not thinking very clearly, so if that made little sense, I apologize.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Shabazz Shabazz » Thu May 12, 2005 2:45 pm

I should know a little about names considering my real name is Fawaz but noone calls me by that name. My online name is Shabazz Shabazz a character i have made up in my stories and novles. My nickname is fuaz fwizzle fazz and many others
MY NAME IS SHABAZZ SHABAZZ
AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Shabazz Shabazz
Traveler

Return to Twilight Zone