Jail time for Miscarrige?

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Jail time for Miscarrige?

Postby ChatOmbre » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:37 pm

Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:24 pm

the website states that the motivations for the bill are to make it easier to catch those who leave babies for dead in trashcans, or whereever. and i dunno... do people typically miscarrige over trashcans? i'd think that it'd happen over tiolets and subsequently be flushed down. i also believe that infants are just a tad too big to be flushed down tioletes.

all in all, it seems like the person who proposed the bill really ought to rewrite it, 'cause it doesn't seem to do much to what it is supposed to do.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:55 am

Yep... here's a comment farther down on the page:

I HAVE PROOF that he is full of crap! (4.00 / 7)

This response is utter bullshit.

Many states have passed laws that are meant to prevent the abandonment of full-term babies.

Guess what? Virginia ALREADY HAS SUCH A LAW!!!

Virginia Law Protecting Infants

Many states enacted such laws in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Here's a source I found listing the laws in the states that have them:

Crisis Pregnancy data on safe haven laws

Nice try, Cosgrove, but it would help if you read your own state's laws.....

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:39 pm

(Sorry for the double post)
I felt I should update this, since a friend sent me this link.

I am delighted to report that Delegate Cosgrove has contacted me directly about HB1677. Delegate Cosgrove has been inundated with calls and emails today in response to the viral spread of this story via the internet, and he is doing his best to respond to them.

He has asked me to share his email with you here, and I do so with thanks to him for his time and thought in composing it (emphasis mine)...

--
I'm not comletely trusting of this yet, since I haven't read the re-written version, but at lest he's having it re-written.

ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Return to Twilight Zone