bin Ladin's latest video tape

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

bin Ladin's latest video tape

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:03 am

On October 29, 2004, at 21:00 UTC, the Arab television network Al Jazeera broadcast excerpts from a videotape of Osama bin Laden addressing the people of the United States, in which he admitted responsibility for the September 11, 2001 attacks.

source

portions of the text...

"You astonish me. Despite the fact that we are into the fourth year after September 11, Bush is still misleading you and hiding the real reason from you, which means that the reasons to repeat what happened remain.

why do we astonish him and not bush?

"It never occurred to us that the commander in chief of the US armed forces would leave 50,000 of his citizens in the two towers to face these horrors alone at a time when they were most in need of him.

50,000 is a bit of an exageration since i believe a little less than 5,000 died, as a result of all the attacks that day.

"Your security is not in the hands of (Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, Bush or al-Qaida. Your security is in your own hands. Any (presidential) mandate which does not play havoc with our security would automatically ensure its own security."

our security is in our own hands? that seems to contradict the afore mentioned statement implying that bush chose not to help the 50,000 in the "two towers". i mean, if they could help themselves, why would they need bush? further, if our government is corrupt - something which bin Ladin, himself, implies - then doesn't it stand to reason that it would be harder for us to influence it? i mean, what is corruption if not the taking of power that wasn't yours to begin with?

using the same logic bin Ladin does, one could justify the killing of the families of terrorists. i mean, they're the ones with the power, as they, themselves, can turn in their terrorist family members. of course, that's pretty bad reasoning, but then again, so is bin Ladin's...

anyway, i think, ultimately, that bin Ladin is just lying to himself so he can sleep at night.

also, on a barely related note, i think it's sorta odd how similar the introductions to bushes and kerry's reactions to the tape were. they both begin pretty much by saying "let me make it clear"...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Roadkill » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:31 pm

i like osama. Osama is cool.

He appeals to the elections, but also preaches anarchism, or well more localized governing.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:09 pm

Bony
In deep shit
Not welcome here

Looks goofy
Always has 2 b centr of attention
Damn terrorist
Incredibly bad at reasoning
Not gonna b caught any time soon with the way the government is looking for him

that sums it all up.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby BattleFrost » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:12 am

Honestly I think something is going on with Bush and this war. I think they have more of a reason senting so many troops on just a theory that Sadam has weapons of mass destruction. He is still keeping troops there and on comedy central they showed a clip of Bush saying that he currently doesn't care where Osama is. That just make me mad since I thought we would be looking for him after we caught Sadam but I guess not, so we're ending up just leave our troops there doing nothing but on guard watch.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Return to Twilight Zone