reforming the system

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

reforming the system

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:21 pm

how do you think the government should be reformed?

i think one way is to have debates over bills be conducted over message boards, or something similar. as it is right now, it seems to me that bills are being passed on spontaniously thrown together arguments and rebuttles, and i don't think any argument, conducted like that, can be all that good an argument. now, perhapes i'm being overly harsh when i say that the arguments are made spontaniously, because they probably have chances to look at the bills and formulate arguments, before hand, but what about rebuttles? what about fillabustering?

anyway, another advantage to this would be that senators could still live amongst the people they're supposed to represent. as it is, right now, senators are largely isolated from those whom they represent, while they're representing 'em in congress. i suppose they could still be isolated, even if they lived amongst them, but it'd be a tad harder.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to Twilight Zone