I'm against the war, but I support the troops

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

I'm against the war, but I support the troops

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:36 am

Perhapes they should tell that to Voltaire, who's famous for, among other things, the quote "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." (ref).

Or maybe they should just preempt that, and ridicule freedom of speech for the same reasons they ridicule liberals. It would help elucidate their position a little bit better.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby shahmask » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:59 am

how does it follow that we don't support the war, so we don't support the troops. is the comic saying that all the troops should be killed to make we don't support the war correct?
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Nuxius » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:06 am

Heh, sounds like your typical conservative extremeist: manages to take just about everything out of context, unless it's spelled out to them word per word. Much like how you have to talk to 4 year olds.

I'd explain what Kerry ment behind that statement, but I think everyone here is smart enough to already know, so I won't bother wasting anyones time.

One of the things I liked about Kerry's debate speech(es) was he never spoke to the lowest common denominator (IE the guy behind the other podeum). Hence the reason why Bush never had anything real to counter him with. You flip flop. You flip flop. You flip flop. You flip flop. You flip flop. ermmmm You flip flop!

It wasn't until the next day that Bush had something different to say, after his aids gave him a new fancy "catchphrase" to mutter out over and over again like a broken record.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby shahmask » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:29 pm

bush really wanted to talk to kerry. loved his smirks and hateful glances he gave that were caught on camera and put on tv's all over the nation. go bush!
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:08 pm

who drew that cartoon? or did u say already?
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Twilight Zone