US border defence

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

US border defence

Postby ChatOmbre » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:38 am

Today I saw a tiny bit of some show that was talking about how things are around the USA/Mexico border. They were talking to US citizens who defend the border. I think- although I could be wrong -that they weren't getting paid for it. Basically, they catch illegal immagrants coming from Mexico and turn them over to the police. Sometimes this involves shooting them. Anyway, the goverment isn't doing much to defend the border. Just thought that was kinda interesting, since Bush sure likes talkin' about protecting the USA against terrorists.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby shahmask » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:41 am

kerry has talked about that as well as the puny amounts of inspection going on at shipping harbors. as we've observed from bush (defening borders and no child left behind come soarly to mind), he likes to say things that sound really good but doesn't seem to have the personal ability to see it through.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Return to Twilight Zone