OMFG DEBATE

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

OMFG DEBATE

Postby Neerowolf » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:26 am

Anyone watching? Kerry is kicking bush's arse. Bush is stammering and everything! Haha!!
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby tsian » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:30 am

Kerry won, but not by a lot. Bush was stronger in the first half, Kerry came through in the second half.

Bush stuck more to the same message, which will win him points for people who just turned in for a bit.... Kerry, Kerry still came off a little aloof... but he actually had a personality for once, which was nice. Bush probably still relates more to the 'everyman'. Not the stunning victory Kerry needed.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby shahmask » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:36 am

it very much reminded me of the gore/bush debates. unfortunately, we know how that ended. idiot "everyman" is running the country.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:06 am

i wonder how much the presidential debates really factor into who wins.

i mean, from my vantage point, it seems as if those who would vote democrat are the ones who would be more swayed by it, but... i can't imagine a democrat not voting democratic just because of the debates, either.

likewise, i can't really imagine republicans carrying about whether or not the president was justified in his actions - they love him, irregardless of his motives.

i suppose they might appeal to the undecided voter, but i don't, personally, know a single undecided voter. i mean, this issue is as polarized as, say, abortion, and i think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't have atleast enough of an opinion to say they're for or against it on some poll.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:14 am

Kerry won, but not by a lot....

...Not the stunning victory Kerry needed.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

We have 2 more after this though, so I'll wait to see what happens with those.

Kerry really needs to be harder on Bush next time (he was way to soft on the guy, IMO) and needs to start stating more details of the things he has planned for our nation if he wins. I mean, not all of it obviously, you don't want Bushwacker running with any of it... Most of the stuff he said tonight we already knew.

Moving on to what Terra said... They don't. All debates do is reinforce what people already believe.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:54 pm

what did they mostly debate about?
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:19 pm

This debate was on foreign policy. Bush is too stubborn that Kerry flip-flops to make a valid point.

But in any case, Bush has nothing in the next debate. It's about the economy. HAHAHA Bush doesn't stand a chance.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:28 pm

the topic of this past debate was foreign policy. the transcripts are available here:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/ ... index.html

incidently, cnn quotes several people's thoughts on the debate:

"Senator Kerry had one bar to meet coming into this debate and that is he had to establish some type of credibility on the issue of Iraq," Bush adviser Karen Hughes said. "Not only did he fail to do that, but he further undermined his own credibility."

An advisor to someone who, by many accounts, has lost all credibility since his justification for going to war was, quite simply, wrong, says John Kerry needs credibility? Isn't this a bit like the Son of Sam telling the Pope that he needs to work on improving his morality?

And not only that, but he *further* undermined his own credibility? Yeah - I suppose he must do that every second that passes that he doesn't give up the candidacy for presidency.

Anyway, Bush may well have been justified in thinking Iraq had WMD's, but the fact is, they don't. To say that this shouldn't affect Bush atleast somewhat adversly is rather like my saying that I shouldn't get a bad grade on a test, even though, based on what I knew, answer A was correct, as opposed to answer B. Perhapes that's a bad analogy, but, for one, no analogy can be perfect, lest it not be an analogy, at all, and for two, I don't think it's so important that I should spend the time to think of a better one, heh :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:31 pm

I hate republicans on a broad scale. They can watch Bush stutter and parrot himself, even flip-flop himself, lie, and mess up, and say he won. It's gotten so bad that they just insult Kerry no matter how presidential he is.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby shahmask » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:54 am

well, it's been like this for centuries. the conservatives, no matter what their mad does, always back him because he is conservative. on the other hand, for the liberals, unless their man does something reactionistic, don't have anything to not follow their man about.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby tsian » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:32 pm

Oh come now. There are blind sheep on both sides of the fence who will blindly follow the political leader of their chosen party...
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby shahmask » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:51 am

don't understand your comment exaclty. isnt that more or less what i said?
shahmask
Castle Guard

Return to Twilight Zone