The Official God F.A.Q.

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby Roadkill » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:12 am

The purpose is not to tell you that god will make your life better, it is to make youunderstand your role in society more clearly. if we hurt eachother, then how are we going to get better?

you can interpret the success of this, but it's pointless totry to attack it at the core.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:46 am

It's still corrupt, no matter how you cut it.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Roadkill » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:19 am

npt entirely.

You're looking too much at the bad. see the good, too.
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Ghostfire » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:19 am

Devout Christian, I will only ask once, Dont say shit about my god, i dont care if you beleive or not, keep your shitty opinons to yourself please. Otherwise, I will relentlessly flame you.
It lives where love has died..... this Ghostfire
Ghostfire
Traveler

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:27 am

Ouch.

The only comment I have about that is that opinions aren't shitty. If anyone's opinion is shitty, then everyone's is. Opinions are not inheritly good, bad, great, or stupid. They are opinions, and the sole belief of the person who holds it. I'm not sure if you understand, but I do know that He doesn't approve of you putting others down.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Ghostfire » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:31 am

I dont care, you beleive my religion is shitty and corrupt. I think your opinions is that of a close minded fool. Keep your opinions that could insult other people to yourself.
Ghostfire
Traveler

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:40 am

I didn't say it was shitty. I said it was corrupt. And it is. Not necessarily the religion, but the church and what they tell you.

I personally think that god helps everyone, regardless of creed. He does it in different ways.

Ghostfire, calm down. I act like you do sometimes, and I overreact. It never helps me. Don't take offense to this, I'm just trying to help. And I'm sorry if I insulted you in any way.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Ghostfire » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:44 am

I agree, THE CHURCH, not the religion itself for hundreds of years threw its weight around corruptly, and still do to some extent. But there is God, there is the church, there is the religion. God and the Religion cant help that the people who follow use it to do dishonourable things.

Your apology is accepted.
Ghostfire
Traveler

Postby Roadkill » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:49 am

forgive me, but where hast thou witnessed this attack against thou's god?

Bah, enough with the scarlet letter talk. No one within this thread has said anything about your god, unless you are attempting to communicate this to the owner of the FAQ by posting here. Perhaps you are a believer in the 3 pronged god (father, son, holy ghost), but no direct references have been made to them, either.

I am agnostic, and lean close to aetheism, but for the sake of arguement i speak of god as plainly as everyone else. God is not a ruler, or a deity, your relgion dictates it so. He just is. He has his own mysterious plan, but we cannot understand it or know what it is, so it is useless to bow before the whims of clergymen, because how can they know the will of god?

But that only explains how christianity split from catholics to everything else -- baptists, methodists, and all the other like -- all only agreeing on the fact that the will of god should only be dictated by the bible, and people learn their lessons from reading it, not from how another reads it as. Yet i find it funny we all have to flock to church and hear how a minister translates it, which whether you wish to believe so or not largely influences your own translation.

If you will look back through the remarks, religion as a whole was attacked. Most religions have some form of heaven or hell -- afterall, what else could poor people threaten the powerful and corrupt with? It is perhaps a beleif that guided people through the dark ages, that retribution will be granted in the afterlife for their 'sins.' What has changed is the world has gotten less static and more dynamic, and now parents have less control over the information that plops into the brain of their child. And what always sticks is those little controversial things that differ from the veiws of their dictator parent, thus even in such little volumes having as much control over the child's development as the parents.

Right now i am required to read The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, a book whose overall message is that sin is ignomious, and not so clearly defined as people come to beleive. Now isn't it funny that now that it has become the general veiw of sin today, and society is perhaps MORE corrupt because of it? Nay, i think not. If anything, it is more healthy -- as it is now more open to repentance. Man knows what he has done, and makes peace with himself, and knows what must come next, for what he has done wrong he cannot heal, though he will grow the wiser from it.

And, finally, to my favorite part of the religion. The afterlife, but rather than my usual argument of how boring things in either heaven or hell would be -- afterall people aren't static, they adapt -- but instead i will try to make a note of eternity. Take a photograph, or more the image within. That image existed before your time, and here it is, existing outside of the instant from whence it came. This picture is not alive -- life depends on the next instant as well as the one before -- and it will not change. Thus eternity can only exist within an instant. Time has proven itself unceasing, so any bit of eternity is beyond hope to maintain.
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:44 am

*quietly moves thread to Twilight Zone*
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone