America vs. Euro hippies

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

America vs. Euro hippies

Postby chaco taco91 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:00 pm

Whos likes Europe?? from what i heard theyve been dissin Russia now that they want to get back tougether and fight terroism, only good one is britain, France is the worse, then germany and then spain, (not me if im wrong if spain is worse then Germany) Ive heard that the French WORSHIP micheal moore and that the French Govermant didn't like the war in iraq cuz they had ties with saddam for oil, give me ur thoughts on Euro hippies and whether or not there actually our friends>>!!???
chaco taco91
Traveler

Postby ChatOmbre » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:37 pm

uhh, I couldn't make sense of much of that. o.O;
first of all, who is "us"? there are people from many different places here, and not all of us (even the ones from the same country) agree on politics.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:54 pm

yeah - i agree with ChatOmbre. how can you say the French aren't our friends when their attitudes reflect the attitudes of a good number of US citizens?

i mean, what - do Michael Moore and those who enjoyed his films not count?

as for France having ties with Iraq's oil - so? we've had a bunch of ties with Iraq, too. we supplied 'em with weapons during the 1980 Iran - Iraq war, ya know. (of course, we also supplied Iran, too).
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:03 pm

Not to mention that many people in the US practically worship movie stars and the like...

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:12 pm

Again, this is right wing BS.

Europe isn't bad. WE CAME from Europe. We're actually european. Micheal Moore is a bad person, I'll tell you that, but it's not who he is or what he said, it's what it's trying to show us. Bush is really screwing us over. Micheal Moore is willing to put his reputation at stake to try to help the country out. When people say they hate america (trust me, Micheal Moore isn't the only one who has said this,) they mean they don't like the values we have and follow.

Tar Herunole made a good point on this. He said something along the lines of 'you will be choosing the most powerful man in the world. Our fate rests with you'

This is a valid point because America does have the most power in the world right now. And the winner of the election will be the leader of the strongest superpower. You have to be smart about this.

Bush has gotten rid of 90% of our allies, and pretty much dissed them all as he hides behind "patriotism"

You probably dislike Europe because they don't like us. But the truth is, they don't dislike americans. They dislike our values and decisions, most of all, our president. We were really tight when Clinton was president.

Hippies is short of hipster (I think ^^;;) and it has nothing to do with being anti-war. Nothing to do with anti-anything. You're stereotyping. And labeling. Not to mention being racist. I think spain and germany are right, I think we, not me, (or better yet) YOU are wrong.

Terrorism isn't grounds enough to forget about your country. Bush cares more about Iraq than he does about the economy. The french had ties for oil. WE had ties for oil. We just wanted it all. Hell, our ally, palestine, was selling WMD to other middle east countries. Isn't that grand? But Bush's logic again intrigues me. Palestine sells WMD to our enemies, but the one country with none is the one we go after?

I hate america. I swear to god, I want to move to europe. It's people like you who are helping towards the end of the world.

No offense. Just take your right wing propaganda BS elsewhere.

YES, I AM OUT OF CONTROL.</rant>
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:16 pm

well, except for people who's family didn't come from Europe... but, erm, I'm kinda getting off topic, aren't I? :oops:

ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Roadkill » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:21 pm

i like russians, i tink germans be cool, chinese are weird, and the french smell funny

i can't make sense of what you're asking, so that is my reply.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:42 pm

Technically, you're right, not all people have come from Europe.

It's not necessarily off-topic if it's talking about my post and mine is on-topic.

You have a very valid point. It doesn't contribute to the argument, though. Why don't you post your feelings as well?
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby tsian » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:58 pm

You show your bias by even calling them Euro hippies. Before I respond, would you mind posting specifically what you find wrong with any particular country's actions.

Incidentally, of course France resisted Iraq due in part to economic reasons. Just as Britain and the US persued it in part due to economic reasons. There's a reason the US and Britain are invading Iraq and not, say, North Korea or any other place ruled by a horrible dictator.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:47 am

Hell, our ally, palestine, was selling WMD to other middle east countries. Isn't that grand? But Bush's logic again intrigues me. Palestine sells WMD to our enemies, but the one country with none is the one we go after?

while i don't think palestine is an enemy of ours, are you sure they're our allies? likewise, i've not heard of palestine selling WMD's, let alone having 'em, heh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:12 pm

My bad Terra! I wasn't thinking. It was Pakistan.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:18 pm

ah. well, Pakistan definitly does have nukes (lest the area of Kashmir might not be disputed, heh).
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby chaco taco91 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:44 am

sorry about that everyone, moved a little to fast posting, not specific, needs grammer check. don't check this one
chaco taco91
Traveler

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:14 am

how about we hang this newb 4 dissin' Europe? :pissed

Please refrain from getting so emotional to the point of flaming. Any further posts of this nature will be deleted, so unless you have something relevant and constructive to add to this conversation, don't.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:28 am

...or how about we pat him on the back for starting a new topic, which resulted in 13 new posts for the board? ;)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Next

Return to Twilight Zone