how many children you plan to have?

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

how many children you plan to have?

Postby Roadkill » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:19 am

reead this article before you answer

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Col ... p?GT1=5100

Not only are blacks and other ethnic groups out producing whites, but overall the population is falling right now. *chuckles* And i remember how i used to think that the world would stupidly produce and produce until it burst at the seems. But no, things have a way of working out.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:48 pm

i think that the suggestion that people aren't having more children because they are more self centered is stupid (even if people weren't trying to have more children, too).

the self-centered people are the ones who made having children so impractical - business leaders, policy makers, etc. they're too concerned about advancing their own fortunes than to worry about future generations.

of course, those same people can do no wrong, so... it *must* be our fault!

and in any case, i, like you, think that an overall pop. decline is gonna be quite good for the earth, in general, which is already showing signs of wear and tear from overpopulation, or something, heh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:47 pm

One reason people don't have as many children as they might have in the past is that it's much more likely that their kids will survive. They don't need "extra" children, because their kids probably aren't going to die as babies. And why have a ton of children, each of which shortens the life of the mother when she has them, when you're going to have to deal with and take care of them all?
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Roadkill » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:28 pm

(chat did you read the article?)

It states, and i concur, that people don't have children now because, in the city, they are more of a liability than an asset. And the government taxes you for their care.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:49 pm

Roadkill wrote:(chat did you read the article?)

It states, and i concur, that people don't have children now because, in the city, they are more of a liability than an asset. And the government taxes you for their care.

yeah, I read it. what I said up there was not about the article, though, it was just related.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby shahmask » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:07 pm

sorry i didn't read it all. i don't like articles like that. from what i read, it didn't take into account a lot more things that influence having children. and, since i didn't read it all, what is the problem with a population having a negative growth? can't send as many people to die in a war that half the country doesn't support? US already also has enough unemployed people, a hard enough time dealing with education, and more than enough children living in poverty and without insurance. why do we need more? and, these a lot of times tend to be towards families that actually have more than the average amnt. of children.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Return to Twilight Zone