who will you vote for?

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

who will you vote for?

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:21 pm

with the presidential elections looming just over the horizon, i'm currious - who do ya'll plan on voting for, and why?

i'm sorta undecided, myself. i'm not the biggest fan of bush, but i'm not sure kerry will be a whole lot better. i think the best president might be one from a smaller third party, but that doesn't seem to likely. because of that, those who have political leanings that are sympathetic to third parties often still vote democrat, or republican. they say they don't want to throw away their vote, but... aren't they throwing it away, anyway, if they vote for the candidate that doesn't appeal to them the most?

of course, then again, i suppose it also depends on why you're voting. if you're voting because you want your opinions heard, then, imho, you should vote for the candidate you want to - not for the one most likely to win. if, however, you're voting primarily to get someone out of office - because you don't like what they've done in their term - then i guess you are quite justified in voting for the opposing candidate most likely to win.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Amiga » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:37 pm

I can't vote for anyone. :(

I'm English!
Amiga
Recruit

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:36 am

I can't vote for anyone. :(

I'm a minor!
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nuxius » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:35 am

if, however, you're voting primarily to get someone out of office - because you don't like what they've done in their term
Yep, that's me. That's why whenever someone asks me who I'm voting for, I always tell them I'm voting against Bush.

I'm not really to keen on Kerry either, but he's the lesser of the 2 evils. Such is how it is with politics.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:55 am

those of ya'll who are, for whatever reason, unable to vote, can still speculate as to how you would vote, if you could ;)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Roadkill » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:59 pm

this is supposedly the first eleciton in history. Everyone is not voting specifically for anyone, just against the other guy.

and that's the lesser of the two weavels!
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Aulla » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:28 pm

if i could Bush
Aulla
Townfolk

Postby tsian » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:52 am

I voted for the NDP, and thus split the Left-of-Canadian-Alliance-Vote 28% / 28%, letting the alliance win with 40%. Boo.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Cochon Violette » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:58 pm

Personally, I would vote for Bush if I could vote.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"He's madder than ...well, I can't think of anything right now, but he'd madder than some very, very mad thing." ~Draco, Draco Sinister by Cassie
Cochon Violette
Elite Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:23 am

If I could, I'd vote Kerry. Even though "because he's not Bush" is a crappy reason.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby tsian » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:21 am

I guess, why would you vote for Bush?
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby shahmask » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:34 am

i will vote kerry. i am a true believer of democratic ideals. in fact, kerry is a little more conservative than i would like. but then again, he has to be in the middle because u don't want to alienate people who might vote for u but are going to vote bush b/c you're too liberal.

the major 3rd party candidate unfortunately draws more democratic swinging people than he does republican. that's the reason republicans were helping to get nader on the ballot. it takes a few percentage points of heat off of bush.

i honestly don't understand how bush could even believe what he says. i think his track record clearly shows most of the things he has been saying to get more libs on board his side can not and will not heppen.

i would have loved if al gore would have run or hilary clinton or dean to have gotten the nomination because i would love to have any of them as president. though kerry isn't my first choice, he is the democrat nominee and will follow the ideals of the democrat party and therefore is the person i will be voting for.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:42 am

I don't know about cochon, but aulla isn't one to talk, no offense.

Kerry has my vote. And chat, that is perfect enough reason. The world hates america, we have lost all our jobs, we're losing the war on terror, and millions of other fuck-ups on bush's behalf. Kerry couldn't be as bad as bush.

No matter how much botox he has, it doesn't effect his ability to run the country, grow up Bush. Getting a "C" in college IS, however.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby shahmask » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:48 am

hehe, u do have some valid points there neero
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:50 am

shahmask wrote:hehe, u do have some valid points there neero
Yes, I did my homework. Unlike someone... Yeees! I'm looking at you bush! I'm pointing my finger!
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Next

Return to Twilight Zone