Is Abortion a good or bad thing?

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby shahmask » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:01 am

i don't think the question is whether abortion is good or bad. i think any rational person believes that it isn't per se a "good" thing. the question is if to allow it. i whole heartedly have to say yes. the moment it become illegal is the moment my perception of what was the best country in the world cerca 1999 and 2000 lowers again.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Roadkill » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:12 am

it aint sick -- its sorta how life is.

Abortion is necessary, i say, for a highly advanced society with few (and getting fewer) controls on our population
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Neosurfur » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:21 am

Ok i see where alot of you are going with this... and i agree with some of you

and if a woman gets raped and gets pregnant then she should have the choice of an abortion

I may not agree with abortion in general but in that case i could sympathize with the choice

but just like some of you said just getting an abortion because you want a child of a specific gender is complety wrong

I myself am a christian and my beliefs are that abortion in all cases is wrong but like i said before it all depends on the situation...what ever that may be

and i also agree that this is a country of choices even though most of them may be wrong
Neosurfur
Townfolk

Postby Ladydrummer » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:51 am

^ I bosluely agree. nqa!
I know I'm sweet but I melt in your mouth not in your hand
-lady drummer strikes again-
Ladydrummer
Townfolk

Postby shahmask » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:51 am

please don't take this the wrong way neo (or anyone else for that matter), but i can't stand it when people say "i am a christian". imho, the only thing that that means is that u your ppl read the bible. in case ya'll haven't noticed, the various christian churches don't agree on anything. within the same church yall don't agree on much.

some christian churches bless homosexual couples. others are so against homosexuality they want a constitutional amendment against it. kerry is a catholic (arguably one of the most conservative faiths of the christian faith) and he is pro-choice. i believe he, like nancy reagan, is also a proponent of stem-cell research. well, the pope whole heartedly said no to stem cell research.

so, don't take it wrongly, but i think that phrase is one of the most irritating of phrases i ever hear.

anyways neo, if u have read this far that is :) , u do make good points and have made a nice summary of what has been said here.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Neosurfur » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:17 pm

I didnt mean that me saying that i am a christian is anything important i was just stating some of my beliefs

and i can completly understand why that phrase is annoying

and your right about how even religions are now changing inside themselves and agianst there 1st beliefs...
Neosurfur
Townfolk

Postby Wolfie » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:17 am

I totaly agree shahmask, and take no ofence.
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby tsian » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:47 am

and your right about how even religions are now changing inside themselves and agianst there 1st beliefs...

Do you mean to say that Religion is changing against its core beliefs?

If that is the case.. no.. no it isn't.. not really, this isn't anything that hasn't happened before. A century ago, religion and the bible clearly taught us that women should obey their husbands and that they had no place outside of the home. A woman, after all, was obviously the property of a man. A century ago, it was clear to any religious man, that, had God intended the races to mix, he wouldn't have put them on seperate continents. A long, long time ago, lending money with interest was a major sin. When was the last time you saw a preacher condemning high interest rates and the financial system?

And today, many religious men will tell you that it's wrong for two men or two women to love each other. Do you see a pattern?
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Aulla » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:42 pm

well...I think shit happens sumetimes...and its your choice its a lil of both good cuz if your not ready dont have the child and its bad cuz your taking life away
Aulla
Townfolk

Postby Roadkill » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:58 pm

I'm going to take a moment here and challenge the idea of whether taking life is actually bad.

I mean...

#1 -- it's natural, people and thangs die all the time.

#2 -- population control

#3 -- life is killed away to remove weak genes from the gene pool. More life being kept around than necessary hampers the gene pool of that species.

#4 -- High birthrates and low death rates are considered the mark of a good culture and productive society. However, the more people we produce, the greater strain it puts on us, or the other people around the world that have to support us, bu can barely support themselves on the cheap prices they sell their crops for. Thus, it is not the ideal. For one to live the high life, another must suffer.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone