Is Abortion a good or bad thing?

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Is Abortion a good or bad thing?

Postby Neosurfur » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:35 am

I think that abortion is completely wrong so tell me what you guys think.
Neosurfur
Townfolk

Postby Neerowolf » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:40 am

It's wrong, but women should have the choice.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Roadkill » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:41 am

no.

Its perfectly good. A little population control please. Screw all yall *it's murder!* people. I mean really, its actually an effective birth control tool. Before, you had no choice but to give birth to it. Now you do.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Neosurfur » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:47 am

Ok, let me ask you all this..... HAVE YOU SEEN THE ABORTION PHOTOS!! ITS HORRIBLE!!

I know that it is a very affective birth control, but they chop up the babies inside the woman's body and it falls out in chunks DISGUSTING

The woman should have either used protection or watched what she was doing.

The kid never asked to be born, not even born never asked to be concieved!!
Neosurfur
Townfolk

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:18 am

Yes, it may be disgusting, and it may be considered morally wrong by various religious groups, but I personally don't see anything inherantly wrong with it. So it's disgusting; if you don't wanna see it then don't. And if you don't want to have a kid, then don't. Population control is not a bad thing in this overpopulated world.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby tsian » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:21 am

Have you seen amputation photos? Have you seen what it takes to make a hotdog? Have you seen war photos?

Lots of things are disgusting... that doesn't make them wrong.

Abortion... abortion is probably not the prefferable choice in many circumstances. Perhaps adoption would be preffereable. But, sometimes, it is necessary and, ultimately, it is the woman's right to choose.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:35 am

Ok, let me ask you all this..... HAVE YOU SEEN THE ABORTION PHOTOS!! ITS HORRIBLE!!

abortion may very well be wrong, but saying that the pictures of it are disguisting isn't going to convince anyone. i mean, pictures of car crashes are pretty disguisting, too. that doesn't mean we should all stop driving cars.

The woman should have either used protection or watched what she was doing.

so if a guy tried to use a condem, but didn't know how to put it on correctly, it's the woman's fault? that's nice to know.

that said, i do agree with you that birth control is preferable to abortions.

The kid never asked to be born, not even born never asked to be concieved!!

just because we aren't asked to do something doesn't mean we shouldn't. iraq, for example, didn't ask to be invaded, however, there are a good many who think it should have been, none-the-less.

so, in short, abortion may be wrong (or it may not), but... no ones going to be convenced with points like that.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Neosurfur » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:00 pm

Ok guys, your pretty tough to argue with and you have made some pretty good points, but I didnt say that it was the womans fault if a guy didnt know how to put it on. I also agree with you about the car thing. I myself dont agree with abortion, and I guess that it is a battle that may never be agreed upon, but you guys have changed my opinion on some of the matter...
Neosurfur
Townfolk

Postby Megafrost » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:12 pm

You're right about the whole part about it never being agreed on. There are 2 sides to it: Pro-life and pro-choice. Both are mutually exclusive.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby ChatOmbre » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:05 pm

I don't think that there's anything wrong with it. if you're against abortions, don't have one. simple as that. if it's made illegal, there will just be more people who try to have an abortion hurt by not having a proper one.

Neosurfur123 wrote:The woman should have either used protection or watched what she was doing.

what if she got pregnant after being raped? what if having a baby might kill the mother (and perhaps the baby)? just things to think about...

also, it seems to me that many (not all, but many) people who call themselves "pro-life" are really more "pro-unbornlife". (for example, the people who bomb abortion clinics.)
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby shahmask » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:17 pm

i myself don't believe i would choose for my pregnantee to have an abortion. but that doesn't mean i think it should be illegalized.

i myself don't believe i would ever smoke. but i don't believe cigarrettes should be illegal (just make them pay for their use and consequences in taxes). i however believe that smoking is worse than abortion. it cuases harm to the person smoking (demished lung capacity, retarded taste and smell perceptions, damage to epidermal cells, potential for different types of cancer), as well as others around them (nasal irritation, headaches, potential for cancers). this is much worse than abortion.

drinking is worse than abortion as well and u don't see that being illegalized (liver damage, nutritionally useless calories(more so than candy and donuts), impaired judgement and reflexes causing thousands of deaths and disfigurements a year).

aborted fetuses are really not truly sentient. if birthed at that point, they have no ability to stay alive and even if they do they will have very bad brain problems and physical defects.

i respect that many religions have ideas, homosexuality is bad, christians and jews are bad, abortion is bad. fine, abide by those rules. just don't impose them on me in law.

one other thing. catholicism and other religions believe birth control and condoms are a sin or some crap like that. then again, sex before marriage in many religions is a sin also. imagine if all these stupid religious laws were actual laws.

a quote of mine from the "conception banned" thread
if we implant all girls, and when the science occurs, males, with birth control devices at birth, and not deactivate them until they are ready, financially and mentally, then this crap wouldn't happen
[color=red]
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:39 pm

Chat brought up what I was going to say. This is seriously what it should be:

ABORTION should be legal because even though killing the baby is wrong, the women are in america, where you get the CHOICE. Now, in it's own right, it's a horrible thing, but then again, accidents happen and rape is a real thing. Taking away her choice could end up in suicide. Giving choice doesn't mean she's going to kill it, if she wants to keep it, she can.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby shahmask » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:07 am

habitual abortion is wrong though. let's say the person only wants boys and keeps aborting the girls. that then is wrong and irresponsible.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Wolfie » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:30 am

shahmask wrote:habitual abortion is wrong though. let's say the person only wants boys and keeps aborting the girls. that then is wrong and irresponsible.

I agree on that part, if you dont want a boy/girl ****ing deal.
Also, condoms break and pills don't work, things happen. and to what chat said about being raped i had a friend who was raped as a young child and didnt want children so she had an abortion, is that so wrong? i dont think so..
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Thomas_Salsbury » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:45 am

I think those are all very good opinions, and I don't know what to thing. Abortion sounds sick, but some time's there is a good reason for it.
Thomas_Salsbury
Recruit

Next

Return to Twilight Zone