conception banned

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

conception banned

Postby TerraFrost » Sun May 16, 2004 5:34 am

"The facts of this case and the reality of parenthood cry out for family planning education," she ruled. "This court believes the constitutional right to have children is overcome when society must bear the financial and everyday burden of care."

Read more here:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/05/08/conception.banned.ap/

what do you think about this?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sun May 16, 2004 5:57 am

Well, it's unconstitutional, for two things. But I dunno... just from what the article says about the parents, it almost seems justified. I mean, if it weren't unconstitutional, that is.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby tsian » Sun May 16, 2004 6:17 am

Hmm.. hard to say. It's a matter of fundamental public choice.. but is bearing children a right or a freedom?
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sun May 16, 2004 6:25 am

tsian wrote: but is bearing children a right or a freedom?

Isn't freedom a right?
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby tsian » Sun May 16, 2004 6:38 am

Well, technically, freedom generally refers to "freedom from"... so freedom of speech... means you are free from any regulation on speech.

A right is generally the result of an obligation: ie: The right to vote.
Vive le titre de deux.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Ladydrummer » Mon May 17, 2004 12:08 am

how about this? Let people make their own decisions...If u don't fluck up, u neva learn from ur mistakes
I know I'm sweet but I melt in your mouth not in your hand
-lady drummer strikes again-
Ladydrummer
Townfolk

Postby Neerowolf » Mon May 17, 2004 12:35 am

The judge basically said "We aren't paying for your baby, besides, I'm a greedy b*tch"
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby tsian » Mon May 17, 2004 1:37 am

how about this? Let people make their own decisions...If u don't fluck up, u neva learn from ur mistakes

Yes, but where this case comes in is where that your mistakes effect other people -- I mean, do you think Drinking and Driving should be legal? Or should people be allowed to play with radioactive materials? Granted... those two examples are a little extreme... so what abotu standards of maintenance... should your car/house/yard have to perform/be up to a certain standard?
Vive le titre de deux.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Mon May 17, 2004 2:53 am

so would you say that the people in the above article are indeed "flucking up" by having so many kids?

besides, I'm a greedy b*tch"

that's some very nice poetic liscensing, neero :lila: (j/k)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby shahmask » Mon May 17, 2004 2:55 am

the parents should be held for 4 counts of child neglect, child endangerment, and child abuse and put away in a prison.

i don't think u can say anything about a greedy b!tch. her looking at financial responsibility is very justified. look at what's happening to your local, state, and federal budgets and services.

federal programs for health and the indigent are dwindling. it has the biggest budget deficit in history. here in texas, they're having a wonderful time taking up the slack of the federal programs. in fact, they aren't. the state is cutting on all sorts of health programs also. they're also having a great time trying to pay for education as well. locally, austin had to put a hiring freeze, including in hospitals. the state cut mental care consuls here in austin. seton, which manages the county hospital and a few others, a sisters of charity group, has taken up the program and is having a difficult time with it. the family departments in all states are getting cuts. they can't handle anymore.

now, ill take this time to blame it on the republicans.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Ladydrummer » Thu May 20, 2004 12:25 am

TerraFrost wrote:

so would you say that the people in the above article are indeed "flucking up" by having so many kids?

absodamnlutely....i mean u have to make mistakes to grow...but try not to flck up our economy by doing so
Ladydrummer
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Thu May 20, 2004 1:03 am

absodamnlutely....i mean u have to make mistakes to grow...

you don't learn from your mistakes, though, if you put your kids up for adoption.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby shahmask » Thu May 20, 2004 11:55 pm

hospital and procedures cost a lot. it isn't good that she's proably had all her kids through the sympathy money. that is a lot of money the taxpayers are forking out for pure stupidity.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Ladydrummer » Thu May 20, 2004 11:56 pm

well there's always a place to stop it. I mean...u gotta stop letting people do things like adoption.
Ladydrummer
Townfolk

Postby shahmask » Fri May 21, 2004 12:01 am

if we implant all girls, and when the science occurs, males, with birth control devices at birth, and not deactivate them until they are ready, financially and mentally, then this crap wouldn't happen
shahmask
Castle Guard

Next

Return to Twilight Zone