Nuclear Fusion, Foos

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Nuclear Fusion, Foos

Postby Real_Pochacco » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:37 am

This is the shiznit. The discovery of efficent nuclear fusion is what will send humanity to the next stage. I mean we are talking everything you see in science fictions movies, probably won't be possible until we can achieve efficent nuclear fusion, or better yet, cold fusion. I wrote a paper last year about ways of achieving nuclear fusion, the year before I wrote a cool short story about this guy who discovers cold fusion, and this year I'm working on a paper about nucleosynthesis, the creation of the elements, the most important of which were/are/will be (hehehehe) created by nuclear fusion.
"If you want to be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to same music we do."

"And what happens when you repress something? It comes back all crazy and pissed off."
Real_Pochacco
Recruit

Location: The Secret Place You'll Never Find Me (AKA San Carlos, CA)

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:30 am

considering that oil is important enough to fight wars over, i'd say that the barriers to us achieving stable nuclear fusion aren't just technological...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Real_Pochacco » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:33 am

TerraFrost wrote:considering that oil is important enough to fight wars over, i'd say that the barriers to us achieving stable nuclear fusion aren't just technological...

Funny that you say that, because I address that in my short story. It was called Cold Insanity, and basically after the guy discovers cold fusion he calls his friend, who is the son of a big oil tycoon. You can guess what happens next...
"If you want to be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to same music we do."

"And what happens when you repress something? It comes back all crazy and pissed off."
Real_Pochacco
Recruit

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:50 am

Speaking of nuclear fusion, look at this:

Evidence Bubbles Over To Support Tabletop Nuclear Fusion Device

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Researchers are reporting new evidence supporting their earlier discovery of an inexpensive "tabletop" device that uses sound waves to produce nuclear fusion reactions.

The rest of the article is at:http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/03/040303080222.htm
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Real_Pochacco » Sat May 01, 2004 12:56 am

Yeah I have already seen some stuff about that (not that recent). Sonoluminesce is pretty cool (I just like that word, and I think it would be a good name for a band). Collapsing bubbles, they taste so good.

Real_Pochacco
Recruit

Return to Twilight Zone