vegetarians

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

vegetarians

Postby Roadkill » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:06 am

What exactly is it that makes vegetarians higher than a normal meat/plant eating person? what makes that one person so special just because he prefers salads over meat?

i find it odd, in many places vegetarianism is spoken of as better than a normal meat and plant diet. What is so wrong about killing animals, when a plant, too, is a living creature?
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:50 am

i haven't observed this... what i've observed is that vegitarians are treated with more care than non vegitarians because vegitarians tend to be a tad more sensitive on the subject.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:16 am

I think vegetarians see themselves as being better because they have to convince themselves there is something *wrong* with eating meat in order to be able to give it up therefore there is something *wrong* with everyone who is not a vegetarian.

Now, some people who call themselves vegetarians also eat fish and fowl which seems sort of like cheating, to me.

While it has been proven that too much red meat is bad for people I think it has also been proven that the lack of protein in a vegetarian's diet is not a good thing, either.

I think if people enjoy eating beef then so what? If high colesterol doesn't kill you then something else will.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby BluKing » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:43 pm

I don't know about that... the vegitarians i know are scared of meat. I don't think it's entirely resonsible to label vegitarians as believing they are better than people with normal diets...

Either way, it's a food preference, i doubt that entitles you to think you are better than anyone.
BluKing
Townfolk

Postby OmegaFrost » Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:16 pm

Actually because of such a foolish deit they are sometimes considered worse because without the proper amount of protein they are less intelligent and weaker. Also only eating plants is bad for the human digestive track which has been evolving for the past 4 MILLION YEARS to be a carnivore humans are just evolving so fast they have not succeeded in getting rid of a semi vegtable diet so vegetairians are kind of a step in the wrong direction.

P.S: I did not meen to insult any Vegetairians all of the above are simply generalasations.

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:53 pm

"Scared of meat" .... now that's interesting. In what way? As if it's going to attack them? Cause health problems? Bring bad luck?

The only vegetarians I know seem to think they have adopted a "superior" lifestyle and they make fun of meat eaters. Funny thing is that they don't really seem any more healthy than anyone else.

Most people should eat MORE fruit and vegetables than they do (myself included) but not to the exclusion of meat. A balanced diet is important.

Removing meat from one's diet is one well-know tactic that cults use to brainwash members. The lack of protein makes their minds quite susceptible, from what I have read.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Roadkill » Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:25 am

now wait, i forgot a few things. Not all vegetarians are like that. Mainly its just the ones who were converted to be a vegetarian (i think). I have a freind from india, and you know hinduism forbids eating cows and such. He grew up on vegetables and salads, and when he tried meat for the first (and last) time, he didnt like it.

But yeah, i generally agree with omega that carnivorous is more healthy in terms of both health and manliness
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:49 pm

I have friends from India as well and it is beef they don't eat but they do eat other meats like pork and chicken. It is against their religion to eat it and they think they are going to be punished in some way for doing so, so it sort of inhibits them from liking it.

Have you ever eaten Indian food? Do you like it? I know I don't. I also don't like Mexican food or most other foreign foods. It's because they are unnatural for me just like beef is unnatural for Indians. Most American babies are fed pureed beef so they grow up liking it. ;)
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Roadkill » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:20 am

beef is the food of life. you can munch on it all day and be happy.

have you ever eaten italian food? I know everyone here eats and probly likes some form of pizza, so that kinda eliminates your question. So im gunna replace it with another...

What made americans become vegetarians and think of it as better?
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Evlfrost » Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:56 pm

I have never noticed that vegetarians are treated better. I work at a grocery store and we think that vegetarians are just plain weird (and pretty stupid, the annoying preps). I think that people become vegetarians because they like to think that they are making a difference in the world (whcih they are really not just wasting a lot of money by buying organic produce).
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Return to Twilight Zone