Lost Love and soul mates

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Lost Love and soul mates

Postby Rao » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:13 am

Does anyone else beleive in them?
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Wolfie » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:16 am

Heh, maybe but to young to know...
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Rao » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:27 am

Youth means nothing, it is only an excuse passed down from those above "youth" to have some control, if they said we were adult when we were 10, we wouldnt listen. The outlook n love shouldn't be about age, but only ones maturity to cope with it.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Wolfie » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:16 am

hahaha, true, but if you have never truely fallen in love like me, then you could not know ^-^
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Rao » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:57 am

hahahaha. I am going to pretend that wasn't said. Terra i need your input on this.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:59 am

while there may not be such a thing as a soul mate, or a perfect companion, or whatever, there definitly are people who are better suited to be ones love interest than others. whether or not the one who is best suited to love you is perfectly suited to love you, i don't know, but... i do believe there can be multiple such people. i guess what i'm saying is that we may not have a soul mate, persay, but that we are going to have multiple people who are going to be the best for us. of course, there being multiple people doesn't mean a whole lot, as those people could very well be overseas, or something, heh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Wolfie » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:15 am

Good imput ^-^
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Rao » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:26 am

I beleive in a soul mate, just one. I think that the idea of a soul mate is you will meet them in your life time. This isnt for just love, as friendship or as intimacy. As i once wrote in a song, "it is all predetermined, cant change your destiny" If there is a destiny, then one is destined to find a soulmate.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby chaotic century » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:22 am

mreh not necesarily.whoever u end up with is the one u r best suited for n who is best suited for u.n also some epople here may b to young to kno what true love is.doh! i was thinking of a perfect explanation for love but it got jumbled in with everything else in my head so now i got a brain shake lol! well realy ur soulmate is the one u get married to couse u want to spend the rest of ur days together with him/her. but thats just my opinion ill have to think bout this some mroe before i can give u a good answer but yeah thats it for now. n also i like terras thoughts, good job!
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Airleas » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:03 am

I do believe that everyone has one soul mate and that that person is the one you can be happiest with. However, I don't think that that is neccisarily the person you marry or that you can only fall in love with your soul mate. I think that you can fall in love and be very happy with several people and that you may never meet your soul mate. That would be very easy since there are so many people. Like TerraFrost said , your soul mate could very well be in another country. But in my opinion a soul mate is the person you are most compatable and happy with.
"Soooo......how about that anthrax?"

"Hope is a waking dream." - Aristotle
Airleas
Traveler

Postby Roadkill » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:36 pm

THey may or may not exist. I don't reall y care right now. ATM, i am perfectly happy to settle for "second best". They may be people that are not perfect for you, but as long as you love em, hey, why not? Why spend the rest of your life turning everyone down just because you believe that you will eventually meet a soulmate who is perfect for you, one person out of 7 billion on this Earth?
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Rao » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:04 pm

RK, second best!!! Never settle for second best. ALways go for the gold baby.

Marrying someone means nothing these days, how many people do you know that are divorced? I cant count on my left hand the few who have been married for more than 15 years
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Roadkill » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:45 pm

erm, personally, none. I know two classmates whos parents are divorced... and alot who have been married a while.

Times change, society changes, ideas change. Where monogamy was once the dominant ideal, it may turn to polygamy, much to the shock of all our 'hardcore' christains. *chuckles*. I think christians or some similar sect or religion came up with the romantic idea of soul mates, and perhaps used it to seel there way or religion to others. It seems perfectly logical, i guess, but when i feel my soul inside, or someone elses, i might believe it. Else, i am just matter, flesh that i identify as myself. I being the particles that make up the brain of me. Souls, and minds, seem hard to believe, but they are tied to a body, and cannot roam free of it as some dream or say. Perhaps there is magic that lets it happen, but a body must keep on running else you lose the entity that you call yourself, and you cease to exist.

I'm too damn layed back to go searching for someone. If i'm suposed to find them, they'll come to me. Until then, i'll just wish i had free time at work to get the numbers of the hot ladies that come in. Particluary this one girl who was definetly cheking me out. Mmm! I don't usually go for blonds, but that body... mmm!

and the hot black-haired next-shift waittress wasn't there... an annorexic took her place today... :(

Really though, people's grasp of what is 'love' seems to be slipping. We wonder why we can't define it, and and try to. So now love is most anything. So, bleh. Our generation is dipping into the "It's all about what you want or who you like" phase. Then in the later years, perhaps we will have enough dreamers to encourage the more romantic ideas of soul mates in the generation we create.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby tsian » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:38 am

I think you can 'lose' love... simply because love is a collection of emotions and there are many, many people in this world that you could conveivably love (perhaps getting along better with some then others)... were there only *one* person... almost no one would ever find theirs.

I think the idea of soul mates is simply flawed. There are lots of people you are compatible with... the goal is simply finding one of them.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Rao » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:21 pm

I dont think it is neccessarily flawed, more or less confused. The only reason i can see someone as a soulmate is that how can someone spend there whole life married to the same girl. I can barely keep a girlfriend for a month these days becuz i get sick of them. I believe if you love someone, you will be able to spend the rest of your life together, thus making it your soul mate. You never get sick of someone you love.....
Rao
Elite Guard

Next

Return to Twilight Zone