North Korea

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby Nuxius » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:35 am

They were just waiting for Bush to say something bad about them then work up a frenzy.
So he can be, at least partially, blamed then.

It's a lot like having a cut, and then taking a knife and making the cut twice as large... what good has been accomplished by that? Either attempt to bandaid it up, let it heal, or break out a hatchet and just get rid of the whole thing...(not an advisable option :lol)

At least with Iraq, Bush has an agenda. With N. Korea he points them out as being part of the "Axis of Evil" and then runs off. They get pissed, and everyone's looking at Bush, asking "O.K., so now what?"

What has he accomplished by that, besides taking an already bad matter, and making it worse?

Before, N. Korea was like the kid who sits in the back row, trying to keep to themself and remain unsupicious, so it would be easier for them to do bad things, and hopefully not get too noticed. And it worked rather well for them.

Bush pisses them off, and now they have revealed what they've been up to.. so now what is he going to do?

"Oh, it can be handled diplomatically.".... But isn't that what didn't work before? Like I said, what good has he accomplished? I mean, it's not like the whole world thought N. Korea was all roses or anything.

Either put up or shut up, is what I have to say to Bush.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Evlfrost » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:40 pm

I think you are being a little hard on Bush. True he needs to decide what we are going to do about North Korea, but I think he is waiting to see wether or not they are going to be a threat.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Nuxius » Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:24 am

Well he shouldn't of said anything then. Calling someone out isn't waiting, it's saying "I'm tired of waiting".
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:50 pm

Do you think we should have just let the North Koreans continue to violate the Nuclear Peace Treaty and continue to make nuclear weapons unchallenged after we found out what they were up to?

What sort of message would that send?
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Evlfrost » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:12 pm

I think the nuclear peace treaty should be scrapped. I mean its there so that hostile countries wont start a nuclear war. But since they violate it anyway all that it does is make us more vurenable.

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:35 pm

it doesn't make us more vulnerable at all. first, it doesn't prevent the US from building up defenses to protect itself from a nuclear strike, and second... if someone attacked the US with a nuclear bomb, and we wanted to retaliate the same way, we could, without putting a single dent into our nuclear arsonal, considering it's so obnoxiously huge.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby BluKing » Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:25 pm

successful delivery of a nuclear bomb on US soil from a country as far as korea is nearly impossible with radar as well as other ways of predicting attacks. The only way it can be done really is by people already in the US or Canada/Mexico launching it from north american soil
BluKing
Townfolk

Postby Evlfrost » Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:02 am

Correction it would be impossilbe if we had missile deffense.

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone