Seeing Future? Crossing Realms? 6th sense? Demon?

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby Tar-Herunole » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:27 pm

TerraFrost wrote:something to consider, with memory... are you remembering that which you experienced, or are you remembering some experience someone related to you? further, how can you really be sure?

Sometimes i remember quite vividly something that happened in the past to me (I am not saying this is the same as Aulla). And it's so vivid I am sure I lived it. But the funny thing is that then if I think twice I can remember it as an image, where I can see myself! unless I had a astral body then, the most probable thing is that someone told me that story about me when I was still little (like someone told me when I was 9 about the things I did when I was 5) and i imagine that and now it's fused with my memories.
However i do remember afe things of when I was around 4 years old, specially kindergarten memories I know my parents or anybody can know about it, and that are not real stories, so there was no point on nobody telling me about it. I remember playing with a model of a ship in my first kindergarten and then talking with another guy about it (although i don't remember what we were saying) or having a fight in my second kindergarte, or the first day in my second kindergarten when they thought I could not read and I read the title of a book (that i remember! "the yellow dragon")...
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Javafrost » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:04 am

I remember plenty of stuff from when I was 3, 4 and 5 years old. I have an aunt who vividly remembers an incident from when she was 2.

I think science can't explain everything. You fellas go ahead and try, though. ;)

I've known of folks who were recalling abuse situations in group therapy who had bruises appear during session, then subside again. The body and mind are not separate.

Plenty of people have experienced thinking about someone just before the phone rang with that person calling. I've had premonitions before, some very sadly correct. I don't have to prove it to anybody, but I find it's a good idea to pay attention when it happens.
"Endeavor to persevere." -- Lone Watie, The Outlaw Josey Wales
Javafrost
Recruit

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:15 am

I think science can't explain everything.

i think the fact that science doesn't presume to know everything, and never will, is what makes it great, for only without that presumption can it be open to the possibility of change.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:29 pm

...change.... implying new discovery!
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:32 pm

Javafrost wrote:I've known of folks who were recalling abuse situations in group therapy who had bruises appear during session, then subside again. The body and mind are not separate.

Yes, they are not seperate, but how can bruises reappear? Bruises are caused by internal bleeding, and unless the mind tells the body to bleed, its very unlikely. How could the brain tell the body to bleed? It can control your thoughts and movements, but it can't tell a blood vessel to break open, by any means. Theres also a possibility that the vessel broke and the brain told the area not to heal, but that is impossible, to me, because the body is always healing, and the brain can't prevent the blood from clotting and closing the wound.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:48 pm

Hey Neerowolf, theories are based off of evidence. Not evidence should fit perfectly with theories. If it happens, well then, it's obviously not impossible. Right?
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby OmegaFrost » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:47 am

Now this may seem a bit rude but I must ask. Aulla have you ever taken a regular medication? Or ever ingested other similar chemical substenences, do you have any alergies that you know of? Have you ever had any toher such visions. And do you remember what was going on in you life in a more braud perspective at around the time of vision, such as what happened within that week atleast?

Because it is certainly possible for certain reactions to medication, and chemicals to induce visions, as well as the subconcious producing images that are likley or possible and then eventually being right.

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Wolfie » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:00 am

when she was lil the only thing she took was some meds that i took as well, but now she doesnt take any, and at the time of the first vision nothing was going on
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Cait_Sith » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:35 pm

Well it believe its quite possible. I was able (I'm trying to reloactae that pwoer) to predict the future with impossible accuracy. That and I am an empath with far more pwoer that I really want. Try seeing if you can control this power somehow, and guiding toward a focus. See if you get rsults, that can tell you if your hallucinating or if these visions are real.
There are two sides to every coin. Love and hate. Life and death. They are all the same.
- Lynx
The end comes... beyond chaos.
- Kefka
You are just a puppet.
- Jenova
Cait_Sith
Traveler

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone