Future

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Is there a future?

Definitely Yes
50%
Definitely No
No votes
There is and isn't
33%
I don't know
17%

Total votes : 12

Postby BattleFrost » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:35 pm

TerraFrost wrote:sure, there's a future. whether or not we'll be involved in it, i have no idea, but i would tend towards believing that we will be. some argue that as technology increases, so to do the number of ways with which a single individual can destroy our species, but... the number of ways in which they can fail in their attempt will also be increased, and... unless your attempt to destroy the species is successful the first time around, it is going to sorta make future attempts harder. we do tend to learn from mistakes, after all, and i would say a vulnerability that could lead to self-anniliation is quite a mistake, heh.

Terra you took the exact words out of my mouth ^_^

Which reminds me there is no such thing as a date or specific time. It's something we use to communicate and to make future plans, like the past.
You can realy say 3000 years ago or put it like; in 996 BC....
That is not a date as well as a year. If you haven't notice we use years based on how far from BC we are.
If that doesn't make sense then let me put it this was. There is no such thing as 2004 b/c the earth has existed longer than that and there is no 2005 either. It's just something we're custome to.
So yes there is a future and there will be a future always maybe not for us but there will be a future to look at.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby Tar-Herunole » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:38 pm

well.. don't feel like arguing philosophically when eating dinner (now) but I guess there is a future, although judgement day coould as well come and stop time forever!
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Roadkill » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:12 am

but judgement day doesnt stop time... does it? i'm not into the bible, so someone tell me.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:18 am

Bible doesn't say, but the most extended opinionis that God is aespacial and atemporal, so to say, that has none of the four dimensions... In that sense probably heaven is also non-dimensional, and after judgement day, everything will be perfect but immovil, so non-dimensional. We would be happy ^_^ or damned :pissed forever and this forever will be atemporal O_O
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone