Seeing the Future

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Seeing the Future

Postby shadows_revenge » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:28 am

While daydreaming during class, I thought about something that led to questions I asked all day.

What if you had the power to see into the future and saw the destruction of the planet that happens not long from now? What would you do?

Would you try to warn others? What would you do if they didn't believe? How would you convience them you weren't another crazy person who said the world was coming to an end.

Would you do things you had never done before, either good or bad?

Or would you try to stop it from coming which would change the events of what you saw? Would you try to stop something that was already going to happen?

What would you do?

That's it. I don't know what I would do but now you can think about it. Just something I thought about during another day of boring school. Feel free to post what you would do or to tell me something wrong that I just said.
"I promis you, Revenge!"
-Shadow
shadows_revenge
Recruit

Postby Roadkill » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:43 am

i wouldn't do a damn thing out of the norm. I have no clue whether that vision is true or not, and otherwise, i wouldnt want to upset to balance.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Calintz » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:05 am

Mmm...Roadkill speak truth. I would probably take the same stand you have Road....tho I can't say I wouldn't be tempted to take a glimpse every now and then...
"L'amore è la nostra emozione più conservata. Sentirlo, saperlo, sperimentarlo. Lei non lo rammaricherà mai."

"Love is our most cherished emotion. Feel it, know it, experience it. You will never regret it."
Calintz
Townfolk

Postby Neerowolf » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:24 pm

Ok, I would tell everyone I loved them, I would help everyone that I could, even though its pointless and...

a. The magic power of love would save the planet

b.) We'd all die and I get to go to heaven for doing good when theres no hope of living wheeee!

c. Nothing would happen, but they wouldn't send me to an asylum because I'm such a great person.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Kaos » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:59 am

tough one o.o

i'd first tell everyone what would happen.
then if they don't believe me, i'd write an extensive list on what exactly *would* happen, and save it. and when the time comes to pass that it actually *does* happen, then i can laugh at them all...well not exactly laugh, but i'll be on my "i told you so" cloud.

would i try and change it? ..naw, dont think so. i'd probably cause a chain reaction bringing the world into an earlier demise than planned O_O

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby nemele » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:25 pm

...I'd probably do some strange combination of Neero's and Kaos' ideas. I would try to tell people (probably knowing they wouldn't believe me) and just...prepare, I guess...for the world to end.

Of course, knowing me, I would try to stop it from going BOOM and end up making it go BOOM sooner than it was supposed to. Just because I like things that go BOOM.
Queen of the PointyShiney
"I've been called many things in my life, but never a vicious, cold-blooded piece of toast."-Cassie's "Draco Sinister"
"I'll see that 'blimey' and raise you a 'f*ing hell.'"-Lori's "HWaTF"
nemele
Castle Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:44 pm

That really depends on my mood. If I'm in a bad mood... I'd probably see how I could accelerate the forseen destruction, and see if I could live long enough to watch the fires before they eat me too. If not, then I'd probably take a route similar to Neero's idea...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Cait_Sith » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:52 pm

Simple, I know it would enver happen so I would not worry. I'd jsut play it realist/realpolitik style.
There are two sides to every coin. Love and hate. Life and death. They are all the same.
- Lynx
The end comes... beyond chaos.
- Kefka
You are just a puppet.
- Jenova
Cait_Sith
Traveler

Re: Seeing the Future

Postby Tar-Herunole » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:34 pm

shadows_revenge wrote:How would you convience them you weren't another crazy person who said the world was coming to an end.

Most probably YOU ARE another crazy person who said the world was coming to an end!
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Re: Seeing the Future

Postby Murphy » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:19 pm

Tar-Herunole wrote:
shadows_revenge wrote:How would you convience them you weren't another crazy person who said the world was coming to an end.

Most probably YOU ARE another crazy person who said the world was coming to an end!

Well said Herunole, i couldnt have said it better myself ^^
Sir. Foolishness!
visit our webcomic! http://www.twisted-irony.com (oh yeah it's currently, dead, deeead)
Murphy
Elite Guard

Postby Cait_Sith » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:53 am

Well, our world is such a mess anyway, would it even matter inb the end?
There are two sides to every coin. Love and hate. Life and death. They are all the same.
- Lynx
- Kefka
You are just a puppet.
- Jenova
Cait_Sith
Traveler

Postby ChatOmbre » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:56 am

Cait_Sith wrote:Well, our world is such a mess anyway, would it even matter inb the end?

that depends. who are you talking about it mattering to? it might not matter to some people, but to others it would.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:55 pm

if it's sucha am ess you could just kill yourself in one or another painless way... the fact that the vast majority of us keep on living means either that after all we like our world, or that most of us are damned lazy!
Last edited by Tar-Herunole on Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Cait_Sith » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:03 am

In the end it's all moot, because I'm an empath who does NOT like his precgo abilities, or his classmates.
- Lynx
- Kefka
You are just a puppet.
- Jenova
Cait_Sith
Traveler

Postby Neerowolf » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:37 am

I don't like hippies for some reason. Wait, what was this about? :oops:

Um, now I think I would tell everyone what I really thought about them, and I don't want to die a virgin! :cry:
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Next

Return to Twilight Zone