war on tair-wism

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

war on tair-wism

Postby Roadkill » Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:13 am

"wars are caused by a failure of communication" -- author unknown

Consider this view point. THis war is just as much our fault (or, rather the mass and medias fault) for being ignant and refusing to listen as it is their fault for being ignant and refusing to reason.

So basically, its like this: Stufu. Free Speech and action
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:51 am

i don't know if both parties are *equally* at fault, but i would agree with those parties have some fault, all the same.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby tsian » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:58 am

Indeed. So who's more at fault? A persuasive arguement can be made either way.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:30 pm

War isn't a faliure of communications so much as it is a failure of reason. Its rather odd that we think sending millions of troops into a battle field is going to fix anything. certainly we can take land, resources, and kill alot of people. But its not going to stop those people from wanting it back. I mean look at hitler and world war two. Almost all of his initial moves were simply reclaiming terroitoy(sp) lost by the treaty of versialle(sp). Its the way war works, someone is strong enough to take and hold something. But eventually the otherside gets it back(or at least tries).
The Revolution will not be televised
Phoenix
Traveler

Postby Real_Pochacco » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:40 am

No, this war (Iraq war), it's about oil, and revenge, and was supposed to be about WMDs, and is about Saddam Hussien.

I think that the only positive thing Bush has done is kick that guy out. Any other examples of good things he's done?
"If you want to be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to same music we do."

"And what happens when you repress something? It comes back all crazy and pissed off."
Real_Pochacco
Recruit

Location: The Secret Place You'll Never Find Me (AKA San Carlos, CA)

Postby shahmask » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:06 am

phoenix, had hitler stopped at just reclaiming the lands lost from the treatie of versailes (sp), WWII would never have happened. the us president, the brit prime minister, and other allied type powers already had given him permission to reclaim the last of it. the cause of WWII was hitler going beyond what he was given permission.

I think it was also intended to boost the economy (which didn't happen). the economy didn't even level off until the end of the war, the time that the economy is supposed to suffer, historically.

i beleive that wmd's and saddam were just other side reasons to go to war since most ppl believed iraq didn't have anything to do with terror.

however, i can not with good conscience say that it isn't good that saddam is out of power there and the us now has a major presence. i think it helps keep the moron muslim leaders in check.

don't get me wrong, im not calling muslims morons. just the leaders, because they are. they're either war lords or uneducated idiots that haven't the slightest clue what exactly an atomic bomb can do. they just want to show off that they are powerful and in their minds believe they can take on the us or israel, or atleast india. they don't like americans, hate jews, and are not fond of hindi's.

also, it's the war on terra'
shahmask
Castle Guard

Return to Twilight Zone