Bartering vs Money

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby Roadkill » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:17 pm

ah, thank you, ice cubes.

Ok, here we go. Take a look at our ice cube system. I never really got the point of the bank, but everyone just dumps their ice cubes in their, and watch it grow without reason or cause. Banks work the same way, and setting cash aside will llook like that, but steadier. So as your moneyy develops and grows, you keep on working, and you start getting itchy with so much, and you feel like you need to spend it. But on what? Unable to decide, you start spoiling yourself more and more, and that will lead to slacking off a bit...

etc. I think. I just thought that up now.

For future reference, please don't double post, especially if the first post is essentially spam.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby tsian » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:19 am

But the Ice Cube system doesn't really relate to the normal monetary system.

For one, people can only spend money they have. In the real world, people have the habbit of demanding instant gratification and end up spending money they don't have.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Roadkill » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:55 pm

and thank you for presenting us with yet another flaw of the money system.
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:55 am

Wouldn't that be a flaw in banking and credit card systems, not necessarily inherant in money based systems (just ours as it's set up now) ?
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:19 am

and thank you for presenting us with yet another flaw of the money system.

that's not a flaw with the banking system - that's how it's *supposed* to work. people are *supposed* to get loans. they are *supposed* to pay interest on those loans. banks are supposed to profit by giving loans - profit that they can give to others who give them money, in the form of money. of course, i've already explained how banking works once before, so... blah.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Roadkill » Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:06 am

which is a system set to fail. Basically, you are trusting all your funds on the basis on the next guy (and a few more) being able to pull their side fo the bargain and pay ON time.
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:49 am

that's why i can't get a loan for a as much money as my mom can, for example. loans depend on credit, which is something that you spend your whole lifetime building. the better a history of paying people back you have, the bigger loans you can get. if you don't have credit, you have to have a cosigner with someone who does. but, assuming that doesn't work, there are still options. if you can't pay your bills, then the bank can take everything you own. you will pay, whether or not you want to, pretty much.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone