Macon to introduce pvp online gaming law

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Macon to introduce pvp online gaming law

Postby AlbertFinkle » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:21 pm

Buddy Macon is proposing to control the amount violence on PVP games because it leads to violence among players.

I actually work with his campaign, and he asked that I get feedback about this topic before he posts the proposed legislation.
AlbertFinkle
Traveler

Postby Neerowolf » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:27 pm

Um?

Hi?

You could at least have introduced yourself. I actually don't mind violence, as long as theres no blood or swearing, but thats just my opinion. :8
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Toby » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:35 pm

I don't care about violence.Violence is the way of a slayers life. :evil:
Formerly 'The Muffin Man'
Toby
Elite Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:18 am

game censorship is a topic better suited to the Twilight Zone, so...

*moves thread*

now, that done... i believe the best argument i've heard against censorship in games is that games don't cause violence, but rather, provide an alternative outlet to those who would be violent. so, in other words, something has caused people to get more violent, and games are keeping violent tendancies at bay.

also, Buddy Macon ought to post his proposed bill here (i'm assuming you meant, in your initial post, that it would be posted on his website) - it would give us something to discuss (hopefully, with you, as well as others), and it would give Buddy Macon a chance to defend his points (ie. keep making them, albeit in different ways), or change his points (and move on to different ones, perhapes).
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:20 am

Well, until I stop seeing people yelling angrily at eachother over games of scrabble, or giggling like little girls while blowing eachother away in gorey conflagarations, I will fail too see a relationship between the violence in a game and the violence outside of it.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Roadkill » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:57 am

dude, imagine this. Some dudes (usually in a clan or other group) cussing eachother out in a closed game environment where one of them hosts the server. Now try to imagine that outside, in the real world:

D00D, im g0ing +0 bl\10\/\/ your f*king h34d 0ff \/\/i+h my mi55ile l4unch3r. (speach simplidied for easy reading). Really, now, how realistic is this? Keep them in their closed environment, and let them blow the shit out of each other all they want.

Also, all the old people (35 +) around me say that fighting was comon every day in schools. Coaches would hand them the gloves and tell them to fight it out till they get tired. There's less of that thanks to stricter principles, as well as this other environment they can fight in. Much cooler, and fun too.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Return to Twilight Zone