Jackson and Sharpton

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Jackson and Sharpton

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:54 am

This just popped into my head:

If the ACLU is so adamant about seperation of church and state that they demand the word God be stricken from the Pledge of Allegiance, then why do they endorse the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Rev. Al Sharpton as politicians and actually urge people to vote for them?

Just something to ponder ... :8
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Spudgun » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:49 am

erm... cos they are corrupt little slut puppies?
Spudgun
Traveler

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:48 pm

shouldn't the rich support bush, because he gives tax cuts to them? perhapes, but just because one part of someone's platform agrees with you doesn't mean that every part of their platform is going to agree with you, and... when you endorse someone as candidate, you don't endorse individual points - you endorse their every point - something that the ACLU may very well not do.

of course, that said, i don't see the ACLU endorsing any political candidate, either.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby tsian » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:58 pm

What, exactly, is wrong with a religious man being a democratic candidate? The problem only arises if they were to start enforcing their religious views on other people. Is there any evidence of them doing this?
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Spudgun » Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:20 am

/points at the sky

they keep trying to own my little doggy!
Spudgun
Traveler

Return to Twilight Zone