The Oldest Profession

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby SuicidalButterfly » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:58 pm

I personally don't see it as wrong, they were doing it in the Bible! I hate the fact that the government owns me! Legalizing these things would just make it so much easier, as Tsian pointed out earlier. It's going to happen anyway, so might as well make some money off of it, right?
SuicidalButterfly
Recruit

Postby Exalted Ugu » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:07 pm

The problem is NOT the attitude of 'look-the-other-way'. The problem is repressed sex-tourists from countries like america where the laws prohibit these things. If america had a similar attitude, people would not have to save up and go to a foreign country to sate their natural desires.

-ugu
Exalted Ugu
Townfolk

Postby Nuxius » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:24 am

If america had a similar attitude, people would not have to save up and go to a foreign country to sate their natural desires.
Actually, all one has to do is travel to Nevada, where prostitution has been legalized. Hence the famous (or infamous, depending on how you look at it) Bunny Ranch, where you can "have sex with a former Playboy Playmate!" or whatever.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Exalted Ugu » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:35 am

Yes... but isn't pot still a death-penalty offense down there?

-ugu
Exalted Ugu
Townfolk

Postby Nuxius » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:59 am

Well, checking the NCS section of the official Nevada website, as far as I can tell, no. They've even lightened some punishiment levels, carrying a light amount of pot there is only a ticketable offense. Carrying heaver amounts is still a felony, though.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone