voodoo..

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

voodoo..

Postby Kaos » Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:49 pm

do you believe in it?

..well i do (not just cuz of my raistlin dollie :lila: )

i won't get into details...but this lady my uncle was dating got pissed at him for nat marrying her and she left a voodoo skull in his room o__O

i'm scared now :cry:

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby Evlfrost » Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:30 am

Im not the one whose so far away as the snake bite enters my veins...
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:11 pm

I'm afraid I don't understand your comment, evl.

Voodoo is something I would have to SEE work to believe it. I think a lot of people DO believe it tho ...particularly Jamaicans and Cajuns... and I think if you believe in something enough that it will *seem* to work.

For example, if your Uncle slips down on a banana peel, IMO he would have done so with or without a voodoo skull. But, if you really believe in the voodoo skull being magical then you might believe he slipped on the banana peel because of it.

At work once, our supervisor was having a horrible day. Absolutely *everything* was going wrong .... there was even a black widow spider under his desk! It was so comical that we kept a list and --by the end of the day-- something like 56 things had happened to him or as a result of him. MOST of these things could be attributed to the fact that he was on cold medicine tho the black widow is explainable because they like tropical nurseries. :p

Now, if he was superstitious, he might have been scared to death that his x-wife had a "John Doll" no? ;)

I think if voodoo was real then that would make withces and conjurors real also. We all know David Copperfield can't *really* make the space shuttle disappear. Likewise, if all the people who claimed to be witches or voodooers really had the power they claim to have, I think the world would be a much different place to live in.

Think about it .... there are *good* witches as well as bad ones, so if they had any real powers, they would cast some love spells on all the leaders of all the nations and war would be a thing of the past. :)
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby OmegaFrost » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:09 pm

Except love spells are illegal they arent allowed to cast them or they turn into a toad. :lila:

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Kaos » Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:42 pm

lol omegafrost :lol:
(i don't understanf your comment either o.o)

and Karen....well, the effect of the feathered skull in his room caused him the prevention of sleep. but he didn't know it was there, and he hads no idea...but i guess he's a believer in all that stuff too so he searched and found it and my aunt (really religious lady) burned it and prayed over it, and it turned all dif. colors :cry:

but..i guess you are right to an extent,...

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:12 pm

Evl's comment was simply about the song "Vodoo" or the band...i don't pretend to know which it is...I only know that it's one or the other...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Kaos » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:20 pm

ohh ok, i was begining to wonder if voodoo has possesed evl :oops: :lol: :roll:

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby Evlfrost » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:28 pm

Its "voodoo" by Godsmack :lila:

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:27 pm

What exactly is your opinion on the practice of voodoo magick itself, Evlfrost? You know ... curses, spells, root dolls, voodoo dolls. Does it work? Not work?
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Evlfrost » Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:49 pm

Im not sure, there is a lot of crazy stuff out there. Ive never had any contact with magic etc. but that does not mean it is not out there (I hope it is though).

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:04 pm

*whistles* man none of you pple got the Godsmack reference. Harsh audience.

voodo don't exist..if it did no one would attack Jamaica.
What better than playing in the snow?

Drinking beer with friends while playing in the snow.
http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby Altaori » Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:57 am

I don't know of any Cajuns who still practice it in my area. I'm sure there are some but it's usually the older folks who do. My paternal grandma was into voodoo, according to my dad, when she was young but then she became a Catholic and gave it up. I don't know that for sure because I never met her. She died before I was born. I don't think it's the voodoo magic that is real. I think it has something to do with demons. Just my opinion.
Altaori
Traveler

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:23 am

I don't believe in demons either but I think if someone has a strong belief in anything --whether it be God, demons, magic or whatever-- that they see that as being the cause of anything unusual that happens to them.

The same thing with good and bad luck. If you have good luck are you blessed? If you have bad luck are you cursed?

Our water heater, clothes dryer and ice maker have all died within this past week so 2003 will get off to a crappy start due to all the unexpected expenses. Is it because someone is hard at work wishing us bad luck or did the appliances just all get old about the same time? :p
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Altaori » Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:30 pm

:lol: Yay, all my wishing has paid off!! :evil: jk Anyway, I believe in demons like I said but I don't think that they are the cause for ALL of the problems in people's lives. I just think there are some instances when they do cause problems or try to scare/hurt people.
Altaori
Traveler

Return to Twilight Zone