God and logic

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby Spudgun » Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:46 am

or maybe its a place where your stripped of all identity and are a blob of collecting memories and thoughts, maybe heaven it just a meshing where we all get to experiance each others lives and dreams

who knows, still APPLE PIE!

:D

MEEP!
Spudgun
Traveler

Postby Roadkill » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:41 am

the point was, in heaven you are given exactly what you want. you are never surprised, and you have to keep changing from one thing to another to fight boredom. Eventually you start changing things faster and faster seeking something challenging, and *poof!*.

one of my favorite quotes, by author i forgot: "Against boredom, even the gods themselves struggle"

and to the person who put red stuff in that one post of mine within this thread: know a better way to bump a thread and provoke a response?
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Apollo » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:42 am

All we know about heaven is that it is perfect.
Apollo
Elite Guard

Postby Roadkill » Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:50 am

all we know is a false statement. It is not supported by facts, but is rather influenced on mass mindless WANT and those few "clues" if you call them such. Heaven isnt guaranteed. And in real life, perfection does not exist, and perhaps for good reason.

Perhaps i should say something i came up with while i was talking with myself to riba.

Often times, we use the excuse that we, too, are animals. Yet it is just as good an arguement that no other creature can learn and think as well as we do, and therefore we cannot defend our actions by comparing it to the actions of other species. Well, we arent animals, but we arent above them either. In our strive for learning, and never finding the answers without patience, we make conclusions. Big conclusions. How did the universe come to be? or who decides how everything thing works? Those are a few childish questions, at which many cultures produced just as childish and baseless answers. The most popular belife unfortunately turned out to be monotheism. Or perhaps i should say monotheistic faiths, since they cant seem to agree on how their god should act or how he wants his people to treat him or treat others. We invariably made these gods from our imaginations and unharnessed minds (crap, i wonder if i even used 'invariably' correctly). We are not above animals, yet we are not level with them either, and sure as hell not below (at least we fancy). So who IS above?

From animals came humans. From humans comes.... Machines? computers? will these be the ones who are not quite above us yet not quite level with us? Or do we have to wait and see?

patience, little ones. patience.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone