read this

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

read this

Postby WRB » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:36 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/07/1 ... index.html
I think this is a horrible Idea. No privacy at all. Dispite this, I think the last line is funny. "For now, VeriChip can help confirm a kidnap victim's identity only after a body is found."
This could also be done if its done in another way. http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 790093.htm
I'm okay with the idea of using it for product transports, but to put it in every thing acomplishes the same goal as a chip that fits in you. It may speed up the buying process, and it may help wth theft, but I think its going to far.[/i]
WRB
Townfolk

Postby shahmask » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:28 am

i didn't read all of your second article. however, i use a speedpass and love it. in my opinion, i personally believe that as long as the gov't isn't given free reign over the technology, i have no problem with it. of course, im a total liberal. im the person that would like to see retina scanners everywhere so i don't have to carry my drivers license, credit cards/cash, remember passwords, or bother having medical records being transfered. of course im also the person that believes birth control should be implanted in every boy and girl at birth. perhaps fundamental catholics and other conservatives can burn me at the stake. afterall, it was the religious conservatives that did the witch hunts.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Javafrost » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:21 am

I heard talk a few years ago about this becoming the way we shop for groceries in the future. I don't like the chip implantation idea at all for any reason! But that database with all the info is even scarier than the chips themselves.
"Endeavor to persevere." -- Lone Watie, The Outlaw Josey Wales
Javafrost
Recruit

Return to Twilight Zone