Who here does drugs and what kind?

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Do you do any drug?

Not me
82%
I use to
No votes
I've tried it a few times.
No votes
I only tried it once
No votes
I do
18%

Total votes : 11

Postby Gigafrost » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:26 pm

It would seem to me that the biggest argument for marijuana would be the argument that "there have been no documented cases of death by marijuana"...although there are two sites which sort of show how this could just be stupid people reciting part of something.

Why would they be stupid? Well, everybody who reports that pro-marijuana stance don't leave any evidence other than their word, which makes me think they just read something somewhere and copied it.

Well, two sites I've found mention it, but they're interesting because they seem like the people understood the concept somewhat...the difference between overdose and overuse. You see, these two sites say that there haven't been cases of overdose, and the first gives a good reason why.

It looks like the argument about lack of deaths might have originated with lack of overdose deaths but a bunch of stoned idiots thought it meant there was absolutely no deaths. Well, let's see what looking on the internet for "cancer from marijuana" turns up...

Well, it's definate that heavy users of marijuana have developed pre-cancerous cells from marijuana smoke alone. I found a site that's pro marijuana saying it and an ABCNews chat with a doctor about it (the doctor seemed pretty neutral about the subject).
http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/living/D ... n9903.html

And here's one that's collected every single mentioned down-side to marijuana (although it's doubtable because the Gateway Drug phenomenon seems to be largely false, as marijuana itself doesn't cause people to go to other drugs, but rather social setting)
http://www.lmef.org/SCIP/Monthly/dec2001.pdf

Here's a site where it sort of shows my thought that people are sort of being stupid about the whole "marijuana hasn't killed" issue...
http://www.marijuananews.com/marijuanan ... tist_s.htm
...basically, it's the argument that people have died directly from Aspirin but not directly from marijuana...well jeez, how stupid can you get. The estimated amount to even get an overdose of marijuana is "about 1500 pounds of pot in fifteen minutes". In addition, people who died from Aspirin use don't die because they develope cancer...they simply die from the drug itself. This shows that the argument is deceptive...
(the site with the 1500 pounds, 15 minutes data is http://students.washington.edu/aed/archivemidget/2.htm )

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'd just like to comment about how stupid this quote is:
"No evidence was presented in the report that indicates that prison is better for patients than marijuana"
Well, it's not necessarily better for somebody to be sent to jail as opposed to letting them remain free and go on a killing spree. What I'm saying is that being a mass murder is probably healthier than going to prison, but that doesn't really make things right. :roll:
http://www.carondelet.pvt.k12.ca.us/Marijuana/Marie.htm

Anyways, my opinions on marijuana continue to sway, but I still think it should be illegal. And you can't even pull this "but [smoking or drinking] is legal and worse" crap on me...if I had my way they'd be illegal too.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Wardagger » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:03 pm

The thing between cigartte and weed smokers is that you can smoke a cigarette after a cigarette after a cigarette and you become addicted and keep smoking. If you try to smoke a lot of weed at one time you either pass out or wont be able to inhale anymore. With cagarettes you keep smoking and smoking and you dont pass out and you keep smoking and thats how cigaretted cause more cancer because people who smoke pot dont nearley smoke as much as people who smoke weed. Heavy users that smoke marijuana most likley smoke cigarettes to. I know this from people all around me. I'm not a heavy weed smoker so I dont have to worry about cancer. Oh yea and I think that weed should stay illegal forever.
The Last Stand is my home.
"You just smoked yourself retarted"

Hey this is no lie
Me and my [buddies] gettin high
Yo if you look up in the sky
You might see us floating by
(Wardagger Snuggles)
Wardagger
Townfolk

Postby Gigafrost » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:50 pm

Considering you ignored the part about "marijuana smoke alone" I'd suggest you re-read that part and visit the two links. In addition, it's stupid to assume that every heavy marijuana smoker also smokes tobacco. I can already guarantee that if the people with the pre-cancerous cells had also been smoking tobacco that the evidence would have been thrown out by the pro-marijuana website.

Maybe you can keep smoking and smoking and smoking with cigarettes, but marijuana is smoked different. It contains 3 to 5 times the amount of benzopyrene, the agent currently believed to cause cancer from tobacco smoke. (It's a carcinogen that damages the replication genes within cells, which is what is damaged in over half cancers.)

In addition, the average marijuana smoker supposedly inhales much more deeply than the average cigarette smoker, exposing the lungs to these substances longer. According to a "quiz" I found, smoking 4 marijuana joints a week is supposedly the equivalent to smoking a pack of cigarettes a day.
http://www.mediacampaign.org/marijuana/ ... _Youth.doc

Now, I also looked for any kind of statistic relating to the number of marijuana smokers who also smoke tobacco. The only number I could find is only an estimate...70%. Well, to completely dismiss that marijuana doesn't cause cancer when such a high percentage use both is flawed. It makes it incredibly difficult to determine which is truely responsible.
http://www.nap.edu/books/0309065313/html/38.html
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Toby » Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:27 pm

Who voted for i do.
Formerly 'The Muffin Man'
Toby
Elite Guard

Postby Wardagger » Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:36 pm

Its not stupid to assume that every heavy marijuana smoker also smokes tobacco. Its mostley true.
4 joints is 1 pack of cigaretttes. People that smoke cigarettes smoke like at least 1 pack of cigarettes a day or even more.
People put different amounts of weed in joints. They might be talkin about a fat joint.

Giga, after all your researching, what do you think is worse. Cigarettes or Marijuana?

Hey this is no lie
(Wardagger Snuggles)
Wardagger
Townfolk

Postby MeltedFrost » Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:42 pm

saber_x3 wrote:Who voted for i do.

How about you start reading threads from the begining! You always spam like this. Just read the thread and you will know whats up. ;)
MeltedFrost
Townfolk

Postby MeltedFrost » Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:56 pm

Is Weed concidered a drug? If so then you are doing drugs and drugs can kill you hehe.
MeltedFrost
Townfolk

Postby Wardagger » Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:57 pm

Tylenol is a drug, It doesn kill you

Hey this is no lie
(Wardagger Snuggles)
Wardagger
Townfolk

Postby Dracofrost » Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:00 pm

It doesn't kill you, yes, but he didn't say that it would automatically kill you, just that it can. And no doubt it's quite possible to die from tylenol overdose. It prolly takes a lot of tylenol though.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby MeltedFrost » Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:02 pm

Yea overdose was my attack against perscription drugs.
"Madden 2004 is so good and not over rated at all!" - Flyguy
"i noe i am tha bast speler hear, wat is ura poynt" - Flyguy
"Did someone say popcorn?!" - Flyguy
Flyguy doesn't have a wiener.
Flyguy is SALTY!
MeltedFrost
Townfolk

Postby Gigafrost » Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:03 pm

Tylenol does if you take too much.

Regardless of my research, I think cigarettes are worse because they're legal. People will walk down a path smoking, drive smoking, come to class smelling like smoke. People might have the option to choose to smoke, but they're violating my right to choose not to smoke.

-At school, I *have* to go to a building otherwise I miss class. It doesn't even matter if I went an alternative route...there's just as likely a chance that somebody will be there smoking too.

-On the road, I could choose to drive with my windows all rolled up. I could, but that'd be rather stupid considering how hot it is and that my air conditioner doesn't work. In addition, everybody I see who smokes while driving throw their cigarette butts out their windows.

Basically, marijuana users don't make me want to beat the crap out of them. Not all smokers make me want to, either. Just those inconsiderate jackasses.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Icegaze » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:24 am

I take perscription drugs, but that's cuz I have stomach problems. Dude, did you notice you're they only one who smoke? Man, it's not cool. Why, would you even post a thread about that? I mean, you know you're just gonna get ranked on. I don't even think thats appropriate. Smoking weed is just plain stupid.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby MeltedFrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:38 am

Wardawg is my brother and where we live its a rich neighborhood, people have connections to everything and all the kids act nice they have mannor and everything, the school is really nice but once you goto school everydoes bad shit cause they have the money to buy it. I guess Wardawg does it cause all his friends do it, and so he fits in the crowd. He even asked me to try some which I dont know why he asked cause I want a good future and that is football. I will never do it or try it.

I will admit I drink but not a lot, and only on Saturdays if I do. And one time I was really drunk and he stuck a pipe with weed in my mouth and I still couldn't do it, even tho I was so drunk, cause the only thing in my head is football and one puff makes me one game worst then I should be.
"Madden 2004 is so good and not over rated at all!" - Flyguy
"i noe i am tha bast speler hear, wat is ura poynt" - Flyguy
"Did someone say popcorn?!" - Flyguy
Flyguy doesn't have a wiener.
Flyguy is SALTY!
MeltedFrost
Townfolk

Postby Wardagger » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:51 am

Icegaze wrote:I take perscription drugs, but that's cuz I have stomach problems. Dude, did you notice you're they only one who smoke? Man, it's not cool. Why, would you even post a thread about that? I mean, you know you're just gonna get ranked on. I don't even think thats appropriate. Smoking weed is just plain stupid.

Well now you will know that I rarley care what you people on this board think of me. It doesn't bother me one bit. My school (public) is sooo rich and everything that out of all the high school, Barrington High School (My high school) was rated 3rd by Highttimes for marijuana trafficking. Just thought you might wanna know why I started. I like the feeling when I'm high also. If you think smokin weed is stupid, well I'm not going to attack you on your opinion like some people did on CR.

MeltedFrost wrote:Wardawg is my brother and where we live its a rich neighborhood, people have connections to everything and all the kids act nice they have mannor and everything, the school is really nice but once you goto school everydoes bad shit cause they have the money to buy it. I guess Wardawg does it cause all his friends do it, and so he fits in the crowd. He even asked me to try some which I dont know why he asked cause I want a good future and that is football. I will never do it or try it.

The 1st time I started you wanted to smoke it so badley but I wouldn't let you. But that was because I didnt have a lot of it left. Its not ganna F*ck up my future cause I'm not ganna be doing it all my life. Maybe this year or next year I'll quit and after that I might do it like at a party in college but like once a month.

MeltedFrost wrote:Yea overdose was my attack against perscription drugs.

Tylenol is an over-the-counter drug and if you overdose on tylenol, I swear your the dumbest person ever made.

Gigafrost wrote:Tylenol does if you take too much.

Regardless of my research, I think cigarettes are worse because they're legal. People will walk down a path smoking, drive smoking, come to class smelling like smoke. People might have the option to choose to smoke, but they're violating my right to choose not to smoke.

-At school, I *have* to go to a building otherwise I miss class. It doesn't even matter if I went an alternative route...there's just as likely a chance that somebody will be there smoking too.

-On the road, I could choose to drive with my windows all rolled up. I could, but that'd be rather stupid considering how hot it is and that my air conditioner doesn't work. In addition, everybody I see who smokes while driving throw their cigarette butts out their windows.

Basically, marijuana users don't make me want to beat the crap out of them. Not all smokers make me want to, either. Just those inconsiderate jackasses.

I agree I guess and I also think that cigarettes are worse because they kill so many people every day/month/year. If marijuana did that then I would think weed is worse since it also messes you up when your stoned.

Hey this is no lie
(Wardagger Snuggles)
Wardagger
Townfolk

Postby Evlfrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:33 pm

I am proud to say that out of every body in the fourth of July party I went to (about 30 people) my brother and I were the only ones that didnt get drunk.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

PreviousNext

Return to Twilight Zone