Mothmen

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby Neerowolf » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:25 pm

I agree with draco, they might not exist, but they very well could... The thing is that they havegood enough senses to tell when something will happen. That takes alot of Psychic power, or maybe they're actually spider men, and they have spidey senses...
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:54 pm

Well, regardless of whether we can prove they exist or prove they don't exist, the real question should be this...

If we can't prove they exist, then why should we care when we couldn't do anything to begin with?

Anyways, something I'm wondering about these Mothmen... would it even be possible for them to fly with only a 10 feet wingspan? They're supposed to be 7 feet tall...I wonder what the smallest wingspan we need merely to glide...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Icegaze » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:18 pm

Giga, I've looked at a lot of sites about Mothmen. It appears the do not really use theirs wings at all. I've read multiple accounts and they all said they spread their wings, but they just rise into the air, no flapping or anything.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Icegaze » Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:23 pm

I've been reading a lot on Mothmen and all of the descriptions are the same. Six to seven feet tall, eight to ten foot wingspan, greyish color, and glowing red eyes. Only a few people have seen it's face and their best description is "It was horrible." A couple of reports said the Mothman did not have a head and it's eyes were on it's torso, however, that was disproved by other reports. All of the reports said even if seen at a distants, it has a chilling presence. I have seen maybe two photos and even in the photos it gives you a chill down the spine.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:19 pm

Ice, can you post at least one of them? I wanna see it, knowing that you were searching for the pictures a while ago.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Icegaze » Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:33 pm

Sorry, I can't find the site again. It wasn't very distinctive though. It showed the building that they appear around. One was visible flying out of a tree in front of it.

I'm renting the movie tonight. I'll give a review in the entertainment igloo about it.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Icegaze » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:07 am

Ok, first off, Mothmen have also been reported to speak, but vaguely. They apparently say "Don't be afraid." Then they give a vague warning like "46 will die." There has also been reports of these on phonelines. But the most common sound of them is a sound like a woman screaming that they make when they fly.

And Nyu, they don't always appear before nuclear explosions. The most famous American incident was at Point Pleasant WV. Mothman was seen for 13 months before the Silver Bridge disaster. And now, they are no longer seen there.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone