Mothmen

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Mothmen

Postby WRB » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:18 am

well, Ive been scaring my self silly, thinking about them at night, and I need an opinion.
Mothmen are these things that show up before big accedents and "Warn" people that itll happen. It invoves weird stuff. Well, noones has an actuall picture, but people have tried to draw them, and it varies as to what they look like. mot have to do with men/moth mixes, but there were other variations.
Mothmen are supposedly real, but we have no proof. While we have no hard evidance, there were over five hundred(I think) sightings of mothmen before Trenoble, and my scatered throughout history near big explosions and the like. Accedents not coused by man. Accedents. Well, what scares me is that they aparently KNOW that the acedent will happen or something, because they are ALWAYS near accedents. Not at nine-eleven, that was not accedent, but real big accedents. Well, If they know, what are they? Goly Angels, Or Devils, or... What? It scares me, and I dont know why.
WRB
Townfolk

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:49 am

What's so scary about an early warning of an accident? I would think it rather more comforting, to know that there might be some strange supernatural being there to warn me of an impending accident. Generally a better thing to know what you're doing and not just stumble along into the future blindly. Er, yes... just some random thoughts.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:08 am

Mothmen are supposedly real, but we have no proof.

hehe - it seems like everything we have no proof for exists :lila:
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Toby » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:32 pm

U watch to much tv.

mothman yea right
Formerly 'The Muffin Man'
Toby
Elite Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:34 pm

It's moths that came down to eat the pancakes! YOU SEE? I AM RIGHT! BWA HA HA HA :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy

well, thats a little weird... I'm not saying its a lie, but how would people who have seen these 'mothmen' not have any proof? couldn't they have witnesses, or drawn a picture of 'em? Or was it like a planned trip to some person whos alone, who has no artistic talent what-so-ever?
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby WRB » Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:12 pm

Originally posted by Neerowolf - "well, thats a little weird... I'm not saying its a lie, but how would people who have seen these 'mothmen' not have any proof? couldn't they have witnesses, or drawn a picture of 'em? Or was it like a planned trip to some person whos alone, who has no artistic talent what-so-ever?"
People did draw pictures. I said they did.
Originally posted by Dracofrost - "What's so scary about an early warning of an accident? I would think it rather more comforting, to know that there might be some strange supernatural being there to warn me of an impending accident. Generally a better thing to know what you're doing and not just stumble along into the future blindly. Er, yes... just some random thoughts."
Well, its the fact that they know. And that we dont know what they are. kinda freaky.
Originally posted by saber_x3- "U watch to much tv.
mothman yea right"
It was also a book. And then thers the fact that if it was a hoax, then its a big one, seeing as it lasted for a long time. And there wasnt much on TV about it, really. In fact, I dont think I ever saw anything about them on TV.
WRB
Townfolk

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:25 pm

An intresting site on the subject of Mothmen is here. If you wanna look at that stuff at all. And of course there is on TV some stuff about them; that is, at least whenever some channel shows the movie "The Mothman Prophocies".
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Icegaze » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:32 pm

Originally posted by Dracofrost - "What's so scary about an early warning of an accident? I would think it rather more comforting, to know that there might be some strange supernatural being there to warn me of an impending accident. Generally a better thing to know what you're doing and not just stumble along into the future blindly. Er, yes... just some random thoughts."

Draco, I like you and all, but seeing a combination of moth and man greet me and tell me something bad is going to happen, I'd wet my pants.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby WRB » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:28 am

Originally posted by Icegaze - "Draco, I like you and all, but seeing a combination of moth and man greet me and tell me something bad is going to happen, I'd wet my pants."
That could have been frazed better, but I agree with you. 'cept for the wetting your pants thing. :lila
WRB
Townfolk

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:08 am

So I guess I'm rather the freak in that I think I'd be more like "Whoa, dude. Cool wings, man. What's up?", then? Oh well...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:24 am

It is my impression that Mothmen are fictitious creatures such as Bigfoot and the Roswell aliens. Kind of in the same boat with the candyman, werewolves, mummies, swamp creatures, vampires and all that fun --yet fictional-- horror/sci fi stuff.

If people actually "see" these visions before/as an explosion occurs, then perhaps it has something to do with heat waves, rising vapors and other chemical reactions that might produce such an apparition.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:39 am

Funny how it was so cold in Russia where Chernobyl is then :lila
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:44 am

Well, I'm no scientist and am not going to research this but I am pretty sure that a nuclear explosion would create heat waves and such no matter what the atmospheric temperature is ... :p

I mean, if you start a campfire in Antarctica, the fire is still going to burn your hand just the same as if you start one in the Mojave desert, right?
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:49 am

But would it create heat hours and days before it happened? After all, these are supposed to be fore-warnings, not just "duh, there was just an explosion" "oh, I didn't notice. Bye bye moth-thing.".

And also, I must say that just because there is hype and it seems unreal and there's supposedly no evidence other than witness accounts, that doesn't automatically mean something must be untrue and fictional. Black holes and generally relativity were ridiculed too until someone actually took em serious enough to seriously gather evidence and experiment instead of just scoffing. Now, I'm not saying to just believe that Mothmen exist with no evidence and on faith; no, that would be unscientific. But it would be just as unscientific to completely rule out their existence without any counter evidence.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:35 am

I am not sure if it would create anything for hours or days before it exploded but I think it's a possibility because animals can sense earthquakes, and other disasters, before they happen.

Also, the Chernobyl reactor must have been leaking before it exploded, no? So, the nuclear radiation might have caused all sorts of unknown and unexplained phenomena.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Next

Return to Twilight Zone