Atlantis

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Atlantis

Postby Evlfrost » Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:00 pm

There is an interesting artifact that looks like a model of an airplane that is over 3000 years old. There is also evidence of nuclear scaring in certain places of the world. Could anceint civilizations have been as advanced as ours? What about this world flood that so many religons talk about? Could an ancient civilization ie. atlantis have had our techonological cablilities but ultimetly have destroyed itself?
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby OmegaFrost » Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:44 pm

Of course its possible anything possible just inplausable I think I may be true!

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Dracofrost » Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:00 am

My personal theory is that, sometime in the future, a colony ship sent out to colonize another world from earth encountered a wormhole and was transported back to ancient earth. The people of the ship, with their advanced technologies, were hailed by the humans of primitive earth as Deities and whatnot, and the people of the ship spread out. Thus most myth of magic and divine power is really just based on advanced technology. But I realize the implausibility of my theory, so I'm probably just gonna turn it into a series of books instead of an honest scientific paper. So, no stealing my idea, or I'll be mad at you. :pissed:
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Evlfrost » Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:40 am

I belive that an ancient civilization did devlop and somehow was destroyed.

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Altaori » Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:40 pm

I think it's possible.The thought of that freaks me out, though.
Altaori
Traveler

Postby Fariefrost » Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:17 am

that would b kewl./like...they came back....but then......yeah! that would b very creepy...but kewl too.so like, our great great greta greta grancchiledren or something, came back, and they effected our ancestors, which in turn effected us, wich really, effected them! its like a REALLY REALLY bigconfusing loop!
i am farie of the frost. i can make you feel anything. feel the fire of llife. the icy grips of death. treat me well. and beware, i make no promises exept those of revenge.
Fariefrost
Townfolk

Postby BluKing » Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:33 am

It's perfectly accepatble to believe there were past civilizations who were as advanced as us. I mean i'm pretty sure we are gonna blow ourselves up so badly the human race will not survive....then millions of years later another group of beings will evolve and create their own civilizations. Atlantis orginated as a metaphor created by a greek philosipher, people just took it literally...the only island that matches the description in any way is the island of Crete.
BluKing
Townfolk

Postby Evlfrost » Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:15 pm

Well it has been proven that the anceint Phoencians(???) had contact with american civilizations. Could their boats have survided such a jorney or did they have a mid-way point? Why did they sink every ship that tried to make it past the pillars of heracles?

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby BluKing » Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:08 pm

Ah yes, i am familiar with that civilization. It was quite successful in travelling and trade but if you are saying that civilization matched us in terms of knowledge and techonology...i'd have to strongly disagree
BluKing
Townfolk

Postby Evlfrost » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:08 pm

I dont think they matched us in terms of technology. I think another civilization did.

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby BluKing » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:29 pm

Have you done any research on them? I'm not entirly sure how that empire fell...there appears to be alot of mystery surrounding it
BluKing
Townfolk

Postby Civil » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:24 pm

Well the existance of Alantis was accounted by Plato the philsopher. So I believe only his accounts. I do think there was an Civilization in the middle of Alantic. They have islands there if yall don't know. Not talked about much.. They are called If I recall right the azores. Well I don't however believe they were more advance then us. I mean I don't think they could gain the reasources to do it. I mean they didn't trade much or we would know for a fact they existed. Also it had to be a small island so Im sure they could already have alot of resources. So the odds of it aren't right.
Civil
Traveler

Postby BluKing » Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:58 pm

I'd like to point out that it was NOT an account by Plato. It was a story and Atlantis was meant as a Metaphor. Plato was famous for this type of writing. He used things like this as a tool to get people to understand a subject by forcing people to use their own judgement and reason as apposed to their pre-conditioned religious world view, which was largely the only way people thought up until even a century or 2 ago
BluKing
Townfolk

Return to Twilight Zone