Is God a Tapeworm?

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:04 am

i recomend yall do the same. i am not a christian, but nor will i attempt to insult or assualt there simple rigid-minded simply-unchanging-no-matter what-the-reality beleif about god.

i think you just did insult them right there, hehe :lila:

Here's another interesting thought -- Jesus, we all here stories of him doing good stuff, but ever stop and wonder what went on behind the curtains? Or if he ever did anything remotely bad? every human does, but you never here of him doing that. Or perhaps something more radical, that i wont propose just yet.

lets not forget... jesus isn't just every human - not every human can be resurrected as jesus was - not every human can heal the sick and walk on water as jesus did :lila:

Or better yet, is there any logical definition of good and evil?

a good rule of thumb for determining whether or not something has a logical definition is if you can program it. you can't program a computer to love someone. likewise, you can't program pure good or pure evil into a computer. they're abstract words, and everyone's definition is going to be different.

anyways, i still think (although i haven't argued it) that god could very well be above logical reasoning. christians may well have a definition of their god, but do they know what the words they use to define god mean? what they *really* mean?

further, this idea isn't new - Kierkegaard and Kant first suggested it - that proofs are inappropriate. this also serves as the basis for existinsialism. here's a page that briefly talks about it:

http://www.philosopher.org.uk/god.htm
Last edited by TerraFrost on Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Roadkill » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:05 am

vampire colts... :evil:
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:10 am

btw... i replied to your post, roadkill - don't know if you saw that or not ;)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:11 am

Alright, the subject of god possibly being a tapeworm is very much long dead; if further discussions about the nature of god are wanted, make a new post. It's really quite simple, no harder than replying to a post by others. This thread is now closed, since the topic is dead.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone