I want Bush OUT!

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

I want Bush OUT!

Postby frank-the-weinerdog » Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:39 am

What the heck is this fool doing? among everything else opie has ****ed up already, he is poised to support the SLASHING of retirement benefits which will drasticly effect older veterans of companies who have worked with the assumption that their retirement would never change.

Heres whats on the table...take a 15 year vet of a company such as AT&T ....these wealthy greedy f&cks want 54% of the retirement money they have contributed BACK! Is this a breach of moral contract? I strongly consider which job I take based on retirement benefits, which when applicable, I roll over to an IRA...If I in fact decide I am going to work for a company like AT&T and half way to my retirement they take half of my investment away....uhh, this really pisses me off! Capitalism at its very worst! HOW does a company expect to keep loyal employees happy, who are the entire reason behind thier SUCCESS.

How do you legitimaize a 24 million dollar salary to someone like the CEO of worldcom when the employees now sit home, layed off, with NO retirement benefits to look forward to, no severance pay after years of hard work.

Worldcom, Adelphia,Enron, are real conspiracies!, screwing over the little guy, so the bigdollar do-nothing asswads can take home more money than 144 of the people who directly suport thier FUNCTION in the company!

"I'm mad as heck, and I'm not going to take it anymore", and unlike others who might be scratching thier heads thinking "how could I have done things differently if I made that much money" I think to myself...who needs the f#4king MONEY...the quality of life for hundreds of people, thier children, and thier grandchildren are at stake....screw the money!

Please dont use the word "Hell" that way. It is vulgar and will be edited
frank-the-weinerdog
Traveler

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:37 am

Um ... what does George Bush --as President-- have to do with private enterprise? It's possible that I missed this news you are ranting about. :p

However, referring to the President as "opie" is rather funny, especially since he just replaced the President known as "dopey."

But seriously .... when did the goverment begin regulating company retirement plans? I know most companies will try to prevent employees from reaching retirement age so they don't have to pay them a full retirement pension and extend any benefits to them. I really think this sucks. One might work their butts off and be the most productive member ever but, when it comes down to it, the company will try to screw them over in the long run. :x
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:41 am

i think what probably was the catalyst for this post was the tax cut bush enacted for the rich...
i would know more about it if i was actually watching the show i was "watching", hehe.

what i think is real funny is the catholic church declaring bankruptcy... hehe. they're pulling an enron! :o
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:49 am

Wha??? The Catholic Church has declared bankruptcy? Geez ... they need to sell the Popemobile and some of gazillion property holdings they have then! :shock:

I heard United Airlines is also filing for bankruptcy. :|
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:08 pm

it's apparently in response to people sueing them over child molesting priests:
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/ame ... ory=357964
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Altaori » Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:04 am

I'd buy the Popemobile! :lol: I've heard that airlines don't make much of a profit so I'm not suprised United is filing.
Altaori
Traveler

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:18 am

Hmmm ... actually, I learned that the entire Catholic church system is not filing for bankruptcy ... it was just one parish or Diocese where they had a number of molestation lawsuits filed against them.

I dunno ... but I'm sort of having trouble believing there are so many perverted priests. I think it may be a case of a lot of people taking advantage of the fact that it can't really be disproven and so if the poor Priest ever laid a hand on little Johnny's shoulder, arm, back or whatever then let's say he was molested!

I'm not saying it has never happened but just that I can't believe it is as widespread as it is being made to look.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Return to Twilight Zone