Drugs and addiction...

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:06 pm

Oh, I know you aren't an idiot ... you actually make some good intelligent posts when you so choose which was why I wondered about your GPA. ;)

You say you have been smoking weed for a year. I doubt a person who has been smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol for a year will see any difference in their health either. Same is true of eating junk food. It is the long term effects that become a problem .... 10, 20 years down the road.

Also, the amount of usage plays an important roll in the effects. I mean, do you smoke a joint a day or is it more like a couple of hits now and then?
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Icegaze » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:07 am

Hold on, I've been eating junk food for 14 years and I weigh 106.5 and I'm 5' 5. But that's beside the point. I really agree on Terra with all of his posts on this one. He's right, if weed wasn't bad, why would it be illegal. They say that four joints is equal to one pack of cigarettes. So if you smoke weed, you'll rot your lungs faster.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:23 am

The metabolism slows down with age ... when many people hit 30 or 40 their junk food habits may show up in the form of obesity but heart and collesterol problems are not limited to people who are overweigt.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Wardagger » Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:15 am

Icegaze wrote:Hold on, I've been eating junk food for 14 years and I weigh 106.5 and I'm 5' 5. But that's beside the point. I really agree on Terra with all of his posts on this one. He's right, if weed wasn't bad, why would it be illegal. They say that four joints is equal to one pack of cigarettes. So if you smoke weed, you'll rot your lungs faster.

Well I am going to tell you the real main reason why weed was made illegal.
It was because farmers were making more money then tobaco companies.

I just have a few words to tell you why cigarettes are worse.
Cigarette deaths a year - 430,00 people
Marijuana - 0 deaths a year.
The Last Stand is my home.
"You just smoked yourself retarted"

Hey this is no lie
Me and my [buddies] gettin high
Yo if you look up in the sky
You might see us floating by
(Wardagger Snuggles)
Wardagger
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:00 pm

posting your sources would go a long way in making people side with you, wardagger ;)

and while i don't think that 0 people a year die from marijuana, i don't think it's too many. however, that's mainly because i would expect a *lot* less people to do marijuana, thanks to it being illegal.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:37 am

Icegaze wrote:They say that four joints is equal to one pack of cigarettes. So if you smoke weed, you'll rot your lungs faster.
Faster than what? It's pretty common for a smoker to smoke a pack a day of cigarettes but I don't think too many people smoke 4 joints a day ... tho I've never seen a study done. If they were smoking them at that pace then I think we might see some more accurate comparisons between weed and tobacco.

One joint is normally passed back and forth between two or more people. Depending on the number of people sharing it, one person might only get 2 or 3 hits and have a buzz for a while.

If one person smoked 4 joints a day for a year that would be 1460 joints. I would hazard a guess that the average pot smoker will never come close to smoking that many joints in a lifetime.

Considering the immediate effects marijuana has on a person's mental and physical being, I think if a person smoked 4 joints a day, they would be so high they wouldn't be able to get much done in the day.
Icegaze wrote:if weed wasn't bad, why would it be illegal.
The immediate effects of it can impair a person's motor skills so they should not be driving, operating machinery and so on. Now, there are perscription drugs and also alcohol that have those same side effects yet they are not considered illegal so I am not quite sure why pot is illegal, actually.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone