the music piracy myth

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

the music piracy myth

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:25 pm

TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Evlfrost » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:57 pm

Yeah that was kinda interesting. Are you going to spark up a discussion about this Terra?
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Gigafrost » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:14 pm

I think he was hoping we would...

or maybe that we would just pass it along...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:09 pm

Being this is a discussion board, I think we are meant to discuss it, no?

Surely to goodness you had some thoughts on the topic after reading the material, Evl and Giga?

Anyways, this doesn't change my thoughts at all because I already mainly attribe CD sales being down to the insanely high prices and not due to a bit of mp3 trading.

Giga has seen my list of mp3's and might be able to remember that while it may consist of 1000 songs +/- that they are all pretty much one of this and one of that, all types of music from all eras.

Let's take as an example The Stones ... they have been a pretty big name act for something like 40 years. I think I have maybe 4 of their songs that I really-really liked .... I don't think that has made any big impact on their financial status ... not even if a million other people all downloaded one or two or five of their songs. It's *not* like you are going to go out and buy their CD's anyway.

I think RIAA --and many artists-- are wasting their time whining about this.

However, when people download entire CDs then that's different and perhaps RIAA should be more concerned with websites which allow people to get entire "latest release" CDs rather than the penny ante p2p services where the majority of people are simply picking up a song they really like here and there.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Cloud Strife » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:13 pm

music privacy was dat all about? you mean music with cursing?meh I dunno but if there`s a law you havta be 18 to listen to good music or what not...i`ll be realy angry! :cry:
STRESS:The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire TO CHOKE THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF SOMEONE WHO DESPERTELY DESERVES IT!
Cloud Strife
Traveler

Postby Gigafrost » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:07 pm

Music piracy is the distribution\illegal sales of unathorized copyrighted songs. Music censorship is blocking out songs with unwanted language.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Cloud Strife » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:36 pm

I knew that... :oops:
STRESS:The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire TO CHOKE THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF SOMEONE WHO DESPERTELY DESERVES IT!
Cloud Strife
Traveler

Postby Rapscallion » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:13 pm

that is so stupid. if the music is that offensive, than don't listen 2 it. don't change it bcause some ppl find it "offensive." :bah
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:43 am

you do know, rap, that the first time that music censorship was mentioned was by Cloud Strife, don't you? he had apparently confussed music censorship and music piracy, and Giga demonstrated that it wasn't.

so what, now, did you find so stupid? :lila:
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Cloud Strife » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:35 pm

yeah I made a mistake...I seem to be good at that...
Cloud Strife
Traveler

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:02 pm

thanks Gigali.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Twilight Zone