Dragons

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby OmegaFrost » Wed May 14, 2003 11:02 pm

The theory is that part of there meens of flight and fire breating involved a powerfu acid that destroyed the bones before fossilization. Als Dragons theoretically were so specialized any change in environment at all would kill them. Check the book called flight with dragons it pretty much covers every hole you can think of.

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Gigafrost » Thu May 15, 2003 1:28 am

Ah, so the book is giving reasons why we don't find evidence for the existance for dragons? Well, now we're faced with two possibilities:

1) A creature that's so radically pathetic yet powerful existed and the only evidence they ever did is not normal evidence for something that exists (or existed) but rather because of the stories of it...

2) A creature was made up...

Well, Ocham's Razor would tell us to believe #2, but I'll just give a reason not to believe the acid-related thing.

To begin with, what would stop this powerful acid from eating the organs also? It had to be quick otherwise quite a bit of evidence would remain. Our own acidic juices from our stomache are radically painful when coughed up (heartburn).

In addition, why would the stuff be throughout the entire body? Even in the case of the human body's acid the acid alone cannot break down anything that enters it, and it stays centralized in the stomache which protects itself with a coat of film. If the acid was not pretty much throughout the body then it would not be able to melt enough of the bones to erase fossil records and such...

Just a few things off the top of my head...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby OmegaFrost » Thu May 15, 2003 1:36 am

It is something I cant explain really but actually dragons ARE pretty pathetic just check out the book.

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Gigafrost » Thu May 15, 2003 2:39 am

"Flight with Dragons" doesn't appear on the internet very much. In fact, Google only gives 5 matches, none of which give much information about it.

Still it doesn't change the fact that the idea of the acid is rather insufficient to explain what it's supposed to without introducing so many problems that the author might as well be shooting himself in the foot if his goal is to show how dragons could have existed...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby TerraFrost » Thu May 15, 2003 2:47 am

if the only evidence going for dragons are the stories surrounding them then i take it you also believe in big foot, and the lochness monster.

further, kinda like how the US has "innocent until proven guilty", science sorta has "ignore until proven right", sorta. you can't prove that dragons existed - you can only prove that they *may* have existed. that's not really enough for science.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby OmegaFrost » Thu May 15, 2003 11:42 am

I only believe in the possibility that they exist not that they actually do... I was just wondering what other people thought.

OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby BattleFrost » Thu May 15, 2003 4:30 pm

I beleive that they where just Dinosaurs and people made this stuff up to sound heroic or just to make it false like other stories about the past.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Thu May 15, 2003 4:37 pm

you got the book right?
I can't find the book, so scan the book or type it up and post it as a zip file or a document file.

If you must type it, don't type it all up. Just the parts you deem revelent to the discussion.

now the only type of dragons i can think of is Komodo dragons. I don't know where they are indigeous to, so I'm just going to guess the rest(like if they are from Australia, then this arguement doesn't work)

some dude brought them from one tof those little asian islands and brought them to europe. Some people saw them, and asked about them. the guy who brought them wanted to get a hefty profit in this, so he told them about how thye are children of great big dragons. then other pple found out where he got them, saw what a great profit he got from them and headed down to Asia to get some of their own.

it all probably stopped when some church people decided the dragons were the devil's work and ordered them purged. The pple who sold them couldn't sell them anymore b/c they would be seen asa devil's agents and well it was good while it lasted.

anyway this myth of living dragons got strong whenever people saw stuff that resembled the komodo dragon.
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby BattleFrost » Thu May 22, 2003 8:51 pm

I don't have it on me now.
I got it because it was a christian book and I wanted to know how Adam came to Earth after Dinosaurs where gone but he was created with the Earth and the animals.
That's why I got the book and that is how I found out about Dragons.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Thu May 22, 2003 9:01 pm

ah stupid cult stories.
What better than playing in the snow?

Drinking beer with friends while playing in the snow.
http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:07 pm

I hope there still are dragons.....

:ninja
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby BattleFrost » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:26 pm

"Here there be dragons." :lol
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician