What's your opinion on ..... ?

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby Evlfrost » Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:57 pm

When did we start talking about elizibeth smart?
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:06 pm

Right after Draco posted his opinion on Michael Jackson. Evl, if you read the first post in this thread then you will understand what we are doing and be able to participate. ;)
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Evlfrost » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:21 pm

Ah there it is. Sorry I didnt see the subject line in Terras post.

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Subject change -- Iraq

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:20 am

well... anyways, with the comming war on Iraq, i think we should change the subject to... what's your opinion on Iraq?

i personally wonder what all those countries in africa that are perpettually at war with one another think of the US and a war with Iraq. these countries don't have a seat on the UN (well, for one, they change leadership like every year or so, heh), but anyways... i wonder if they even care, or who they would side with - Iraq or the US. actually, i bet they're too engulfed in their own affairs to notice, so oh well...

and with the threat of war looming with Iraq... i think our biggest threat isn't gonna be the al queda, but north korea, who has just recently developed missles that can reach the east coast of the US.

also, according to cnn, Iraq has been spilling crude oil into the desert to hinder the progress of US troops...

i dunno... i just don't think war with Iraq will be as, ummm... quick as the last war we had with them was...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:23 am

well... thinking about it some more...

i think hussein will have left his country by the deadline set by bush, but i don't think he'll tell anyone. he'll let the US pillage everything that they can, and... when they don't find him, they'll go on pillaging Iraq. in the mean time, anti-war protests will become that much more vehement and violent, probably.

then, after the US has spent billions of dollars on Iraq, and while the troops are still in Iraq, N. Korea will attack. we'll be facing a war on two fronts, I spontaniously predict, before this is all over.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:04 am

Personally, I do think something needs to be done about Saddam Hussein...if the public image described about him is true then he needs to be removed from office; if the public image described about him isn't true then we need to learn the truth.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Evlfrost » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:34 pm

Well now we have to attack them. If we dont, we will look weak and vurenable and that will only inspire more terrorist attacks. The UN made the mistake of passing all these resolutions but failing to act.

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:37 pm

well, they say that the first casualty of war is the truth. usually, in wars, the enemy is dehumanized, so it's easier for soldiers to live with killing them - so soldiers don't have to think of themselves as murderes. i don't know how much of what they say about hussein is true, but... oh well...

also, has anyone noticed something sorta funny about the time that Bush says he will attack? it's 4am iraqi time, 8pm est. 8pm est is 7pm cst, iirc... anyways, around the US, it's pretty much... evening. when most people are at home, watching the news. he could have had hussein leave at 8pm iraqi time, which would be midnight US time, but... that wouldn't be any good, 'cause most people would be asleep. he could have had hussein leave at 8am, but... that'd be noon US time - people would be working, and not watching TV.

i can see good and bad things to that, but... it's sorta interesting to note, none-the-less...

last... i think israel is in a far worse boat than the US. durring the last war, Iraq shot missles at Israel because they were so closely tied to the US. so while Israel is trying to protect itself from Iraq, i expect suicide bombings from Palistinians to go to all time highs. they'll be facing a war on two fronts, but... i think Israel can fend for themselves... they can probably fend for themselves better than the US can, as they have battle hardened soldiers. in fact, i think that once palistine attacks israel, too, israel will go on a holy crusade against palistine, probably brining more devistation to them than we do to Iraq. i mean, israel cares far less about civilians than we do. when they killed the leader of hamas, they also killed his entire family - family, and kids that were only about ten years old. i mean, it was such for them that even the US had to fall back from their usual stance and condemn it.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:14 pm

Well here's my opinion ...

Saddam Hussein, from all accounts, is a cruel and ruthless dictator who is a menace to his own country and to the world, in general.

How do you like his latest form of punishment? This was told by one of the higher ups who has SEEN this gruesome and horrible act firsthand ... he puts people through a plastic shredding machine head first. He used to use the firing squad so, as we can see, he has become more sick and demented in his means of torture.

Another of his torture methods are called "rape rooms" for obvious reasons. There are a group of men (including one of Hussein's sons) who is a rapist as part of his job. Instead of attacking the men they want to punish, they instead force them to watch their wife, sister, daughter, mother, grandmother and/or girlfriends being brutally raped and sodomized by a group of sick minded men.

Saddam Hussein has ordered his troops to use biological weapons ... how strange since he told the UN he didn't have any, no?

Like Giga, I think he needs to be dealt with but like Terra, I feel it will be longer and more drawn out than they predict and that he may never be captured .. just like Bin Laden.

But, then again, my mom pointed out to me that we don't need to capture him, just drive him from power so another regime can be elected by the people of Iraq once the dictator is out of the way.

As for the timing, no I don't think it's related to TV at all ... they like to attack at night because it's harder for the enemy to defend. Also, many of the decisions are made here (on the East Coast) so 7 am EST would be a standard time for the military to operate. Also, if it is 7 am EST then it is 4 am on the west coast and not too many pple will be watching TV at that time. :|
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:55 am

actually, it's 7 PM cst:lila:

at 4pm, i think plenty of people would be watching tv. and 7 pm est isn't exactly the start of the workday, and 4am is pretty close to the morning for iraq...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:25 pm

this page has a rather comprehensize history of the previous war we fought with iraq:

http://www.history.navy.mil/wars/dstorm/dsjan2.htm
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:45 am

i wonder if the US is bombing bunkers that have already been bombed, 'cause i could well see hussein hiding in a bombed bunker with the hopes that the US wouldn't bomb it... again. i mean, with the bunker busters, a bombed bunker is about as good as a non bombed bunker, heh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:19 am

What's your opinion on me splitting this into seperate topics and unstickying it? :)
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby WRB » Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:46 am

Naw, dont do that! Stay like this. It's easier. Much. Stay like this.
WRB
Townfolk

Postby Nuxius » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:37 am

Well, this topic has sorta... died.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Twilight Zone