on artificial pets, etc.

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby Rao » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:41 pm

A person is an indiviual, someone who acts on there own and does what they please up to a point to authority. All people look different, act different and believe differently. Belief is the closest thing that people can relate on. For many beliefs are the same. oo wait, twins i am sure would be the next step in this conversation. Well, i dont know if you know any but my old girlfriend had a twin(i always asked if it was her and not her sister) they seemed to act the same and they sounded the same. But as you come to know each longer, you realize that they are more different then you thought, one likes these types of guys/girls, one doesnt think the same about this subject. So that is why i beleive twins are as different as your everyday brother and sister relations

I used the same reasoning for chemistry as psychology, but i worded it differently. Yes, i believe that all exact sciences are endless.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:30 pm

A person is an indiviual, someone who acts on there own and does what they please up to a point to authority. All people look different, act different and believe differently. Belief is the closest thing that people can relate on. For many beliefs are the same. oo wait, twins i am sure would be the next step in this conversation. Well, i dont know if you know any but my old girlfriend had a twin(i always asked if it was her and not her sister) they seemed to act the same and they sounded the same. But as you come to know each longer, you realize that they are more different then you thought, one likes these types of guys/girls, one doesnt think the same about this subject. So that is why i beleive twins are as different as your everyday brother and sister relations

while everyone may be unique, there are some fundamental similarities between people... of course then again, no one has the same experiences, either. i mean, even identical twins, raised by the same parents aren't gonna have the same experiences.

that said, there are also cases of identical twins being seperated at birth who grow up to have very similar attitudes to one another, save for the fact that there opinions of manifested themselves in different ways (since they're in different situations, mainly).

but i mean... do you have some reason to doubt the microeconomic example i gave?

also... i would argue that everyone in the world wants, out of life, happiness... would you disagree with that generalization?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rao » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:20 pm

Yes, that is one generalization I can agree with. But you still ahvent told me what microeconomics is.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:36 pm

oh...

well.. microeconomics is the study of economics, heh, but on a micro lvl?

the relationship between supply and demand is what microeconomics is mostly concerned with. the relationship between supply and demand in varrious economic conditions (monopoly, oliogopoly, perfect competition, etc), and explains the behavior of the graphs of supply and demand, etc, and can be used to predict what'll happen when certain things are done to the supply / demand relationship (ie. through government intervention)... microeconomics is different than macroeconomics in that microeconomcs bases most of its ideas off generalizations of human behavior... like my previous example... macroeconomics is mainly concerned with societies, national policy, etc. you use macroeconomics when trying to gage the economic health of a nation, through GDP, the CPI, or whatever... you use it to study inflation rates, unemployment rates, interest rates, the value of foriegn currency, etc. macroeconomics doesn't make any assumptions about people... rather, when it involves people, it uses more... tangible qualities, like how much someone makes, spends, or whatever...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone