Abortion

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Do you aprove of abortion?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes : 7

Postby LadyLockhart » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:17 pm

What everybody nust realize here is that there are choices a female must make. There are however, I think, times when abortion is acceptable and times when it is not. Rape, is one. But, if a female makes the choice to do that, then she must live with the consequences.
-Ice Princess-
_I know I'm sweet, but I melt in your mouth, not in your hand_
LadyLockhart
Traveler

Postby Altaori » Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:56 pm

It's hard to say whether I'm pro-choice or not. Everybody has a "right" to do what they decide to do but being against abortion I sometimes wish it was against the law. But, it's the mother's decision, even if she's wrong. Guess that makes me pro-choice in a way. :\
Altaori
Traveler

Postby Evlfrost » Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:29 pm

Well do parents have a right to kill their children just because they want to, or because children are an inconvince? Of course not. Neither should a woman be allowed to kill her unborn child.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Gigafrost » Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:03 pm

Are people allowed to own other people? If a culture forces women to have their child when they become pregnant with then aren't the unborn children now owning their mother? Don't argue that them being able to give away their child after birth fixes that...they still have to adjust their diet and habits, they have to pay for the birth, and such. Society makes no attempt to fix this problem, instead opting to pass legislation that simply makes it illegal and forcing the consequences of being pregnant completely on the woman, regardless of the cause of pregnancy. It'll suddenly become possible to severly impact a woman's life...possibly even destroy.

If society really wants to fix the problem of abortion then they can't do it suddenly without destroying women's rights and property. If it's not done slowly it'll make things worse before better...at least, from the point of view that women deserve just as much of a choice as men in the world.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:44 pm

that's a good point, giga!

Well do parents have a right to kill their children just because they want to, or because children are an inconvince? Of course not. Neither should a woman be allowed to kill her unborn child.

but the thing is... the issue of whether or not a fetus even *is* a kid is up for debate. saying people shouldn't have a choice at all is *forcing* them to think like you do. if we start forcing thoughts, then what's next? religion? ya know what forcing religion on people got us? the holocaust. the crusades.

forcing any sort of thoughts starts us on a slippery slope i really don't think we, as a society, should go down.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Fariefrost » Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:09 am

What everybody nust realize here is that there are choices a female must make. There are however, I think, times when abortion is acceptable and times when it is not. Rape, is one. But, if a female makes the choice to do that, then she must live with the consequences.

Since the male ALSO makes the choice, is it reallly fair that the female has no way out when he can just claim it isnt his child? The only way to proove the truth or untruth would be DNA testing of the child. And this costs money, ....so if the Father of the child wont take care of iut, then why should it be the job of only the mother?. True. addoption IS an option, but then you hvae to think of how the child might feel when it is old enough to find out that it has never met its real parents. Im not really sure where i stand on the issue, but i do see some of the Pros and cons to both sides.
i am farie of the frost. i can make you feel anything. feel the fire of llife. the icy grips of death. treat me well. and beware, i make no promises exept those of revenge.
Fariefrost
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:06 am

that's a good point, fairefrost... saying that girls should have to face the responsibilites of the choice they made... what about guys? what responsiblity do they face? i guess ultimately, the abortion thing is maybe something that should be decided by females... and not males...

or perhapes maybe they should raise punishment for dead beat dads - three years in jail, or something. i mean, making them pay money they don't have isn't going to do any good.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:26 am

thinking about it... most people don't see what could have been when they see someone who's dead - they only see what was. it seems like the older someone is when they die, the more people will show up at their funeral - this is mainly because the older you are, the more time you've had to gain friends. a baby has no friends, because it hasn't had time to gain any friends. an unborn baby *may* not even have the parents on its side (as abortion kinda demonstrates). i guess the causes of that all go down to simple supply and demand... people don't want to invest their friendship and love in someone who may end up disappointing them - they only want to invest it in people whom they know won't disappoint them? the more you've demonstrated that you're not going to disappoint people, the more people will care about your life... or something like that, hehe. i'll have to think about this some more :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Previous

Return to Twilight Zone