Worst moment of the trilogy

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them. One forum to bring it all and in the darkness bind them.

Moderators: Rao, Tar-Herunole

Postby Tar-Herunole » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:08 pm

Conspiration theory: They made the third film worst than what it could have been in purpose in order to relaunch in 10 years... the reader's cut or smthing like that. It's unbelieavable they included half an hour of crap and left things like the romance of faramir and Eowyn or the Scourging
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Murphy » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:00 pm

I think the "shield-slide" scene sucks the most..
Sir. Foolishness!
visit our webcomic! http://www.twisted-irony.com (oh yeah it's currently, dead, deeead)
Murphy
Elite Guard

Postby OmegaFrost » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:12 pm

I really think that I agree with Terra on legolas and gimli. I also think they really down played Gollum. After all as I remember it, he was probably twice as strong as either Frodo or Sam, and that the only reason he went with them was that when it came down to it, he couldnt bring himself to kill the owner of the ring. atleast not untilt he end.

Personally though I dont like that they skiped the whole part at the end of ROTK with souroman coming in and taking over the shire.

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby chaotic century » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:59 pm

they realy in my point of view screwed up all the movies tho the first 2 were probsbly the best they still lerft out qquite a bit.like realy in the first one frodos sopposed to b around 50 or so n hes sopposed to b alot older than sam,merr n pippin.they realy had no explainntions for anything if i hadnt read the books i wouldnt kno anything theyu were doing.like in the second one faramir took frodo n sam with him to gondor that didnt happen in the book.n in thre third which i think sucked the most lol. everything at the end sucked....the huge end battle n everything.n they didnt have the scouring of the shire which was portrayed int he first movie when frodo looked into galadriels mirror. or was it sam.. im confused. anyway im realy not trying to bash the movies i mean i thought they were pretty good tho compared to the books they sucked miserably. n so ends my point which even i dont get so ill leave u with that....
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Previous

Return to The Tolkien League