New movie?

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them. One forum to bring it all and in the darkness bind them.

Moderators: Rao, Tar-Herunole

Postby Tar-Herunole » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:33 pm

I think the Scourging of the Shire was tangentially included when the mirror of Galadriel reveals Frodo the fate of the Shire... I think in the Spirit that was it.
However I will agree Denethor (and Boromir and faramir by the way) have a much more noble treatment in the book. Denethro was not more a fool than Hurin or Turin when believing the lies of Morgoth...
I really missed the whole Chapter 8 when Faramir and Eowyn (another character the movie is not fair with) meet at the Houses of the Healing, and how she discovers her love for Faramir...
Didn't like so much Shelob, just a big spider, no "extra powers"... besides as the Arda Encyclopedia notes, should have injected poison with its jaws...
In general, taking apart the last 20 minutes of laughs, cries, goodbyes, and nonsense, I think the movie is as good as it gets, both as a movie and as an adaptation
Last edited by Tar-Herunole on Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby chaotic century » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:25 pm

yeah those r some great scenes that they left out.n yeah the scouring of the shire was going to hapen it was in the mirror so it should have happened even tho they destroyed the ring couse it wasnt sauron it was saurumon.
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Previous

Return to The Tolkien League