world changing events of future ages?

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them. One forum to bring it all and in the darkness bind them.

Moderators: Rao, Tar-Herunole

world changing events of future ages?

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:09 pm

what events do you think would change the world in future ages? events that tie back to ones in the first age?

i think one such event could be the silmaril that was thrown into the ocean washing up, or the silmaril that was thrown into the earth being found...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Evlfrost » Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:15 pm

Another remigration of the elves.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Rao » Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:20 pm

Yeah, the recoming of the elves would be changing. Men would no longer be the kings of the world as they are claim to be. Although, the men of middle earth are, weak, their are a few that stick out, Beleg, Turin, Hurin, Aragorn, if other heros like them reappeared, then this would totally stop all evils in Middle earth.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Evlfrost » Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:31 pm

Umm...Beleg Strongbow was an elf.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:27 pm

thinking about it, i think the fourth age might be pretty similar to the second age. consider the start of the second age. elros, from the line of luthien and beren, and tuor and idril, was the first to chose a mortal life, and in doing so, pretty much created the numenerian race. in the second age, they sorta grew cocky,probably because, in contrast to other men, they were superior, in just about every way. they also grew cocky thanks to the manipulations of sauron, but... sauron, as i recall, only enhanced the cockyness that was already there. in the end, they invaded valinor, demanding immortality, and in return, were pretty much killed off (and, of course, they had their island sink). valinor was, after all this, sorta removed from the plane in which middle earth lay in.

now, consider the fourth age. it starts off with the second elf in history chosing a mortal life. this elf being arwen. she, along with aragorn, already of numerian descent, will no doubt give rise to another mighty race of men. as with the numenereons, they will probably grow cocky, and then, in the end, they may try to even attack the elves that didn't leave for valinor, and the dwarves. the elves and dwarves will curse them, destroy minas tirith, but will, end the end, die themselves (this would be equiv. to the removal of valinor).
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rao » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:53 am

Ummm...Who did Beleg always fight with. Waht was his name? oo yeah, TURIN!!!!!. Beleg was a friend of men(or Turin?)

I think the fourth age would be boring, there are no more evils in the world. It would be just gay, unless a new evil arrived.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:20 pm

Regarding a new race to be born, I must slightly disagree. Arwen is herself a half-elf, and unlike Beren, Aragorn was never in Aman. I do think however, that the marriage will renew the numenorian/elvish blood, and increase the life of the descendants of Aragorn. But middle Earth is no Numenor, and it's not illuminated from the light of Amman, so probably the new race will decay faster than the Numenoreans of Old.

Regarding the new evil, although not centralized and aparent, evil is present in the world even after Sauron and Melkor where casted. The worst deeds of Melkor and Sauron, was (even when present) was to bury seeds of envy, distrust and dispair in the hearts of men, elves and even animals and trees. In the moment of the great defeat, still there is plently of Easterlings and Dark Numenoreans that still pray to Sauron, even when he is gone... it remains as a ritual. And the envy and lust for power remains in the hearts of men even until our days... the Bane of Saruman is the worst evil of our days... Not that Bush is Saruman, nor Chirac is Ulfgang... but many time power blinds man, and the study of the ways of the evil in order to use them to create good, do normally lead to evil and not to good... too many Boromirs in the world get dominated by the ring of power, only to regret their deeds when it's already too late...
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:05 am

Ummm...Who did Beleg always fight with. Waht was his name? oo yeah, TURIN!!!!!. Beleg was a friend of men(or Turin?)

beleg was a friend of turin...

Regarding a new race to be born, I must slightly disagree. Arwen is herself a half-elf, and unlike Beren, Aragorn was never in Aman. I do think however, that the marriage will renew the numenorian/elvish blood, and increase the life of the descendants of Aragorn. But middle Earth is no Numenor, and it's not illuminated from the light of Amman, so probably the new race will decay faster than the Numenoreans of Old.

well... i, personally, think that arwen and aragorn may very well manage to create a new race, but just that that new race which they create will be a lot less mighty than the race elros and his wife (whomever his wife is) created - that race being the numenerians. everything in tolkien's works is about decay. the greatest age was the first age. the enemies of the first age were far greater than the enemies of the third age, and the hero's of the first age were far more noble than the hero's of the third age. likewise, the mighty races of the second age will be that much more mighter than the mighty races of the fourth age, etc.

of course, i do like the explanation you gave as to numenor's greatness. if you do the math, you'll find that arwen's children should have just as much maiar blood as elros's grandchildren. elros's grandchildren, however, will have that much more human blood. based on their blood, i would expect the exact proportions of man / elf blood in arwen's children and elro's grandchildren to be, respectively, 59.375% man, 39.0625% elf, and 84.375% man, 14.0625% elf. based on those percantages, it would seem that the new gondor would only be a generation behind numenor, in terms of their respective races. of course, this would be somewhat inconsistant with tolkians theme of decay. i think your explanation solves this problem quite nicely :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to The Tolkien League