Starcraft -- Turret Defense

Want a challenge? Then this is the forum for you. Partake in contests or trivia games for a chance to win Tokens.

Starcraft -- Turret Defense

Postby Megafrost » Fri May 14, 2004 3:43 pm

This will be a contest based upon the Starcraft map: Turret Defense. For those who have never played the map before, your objective is to build missile turrets with your SCVs in strategic locations and destroy the air units crossing your path before they can reach the other side. Any units that go through unscathed will destroy a cerebrate, and if you run out of cerebrates of any one color, game over.

At some point, you will be able to buy special units that are much more powerful than the turrets.

The objective of this contest is not just simply to survive the game. You must compete against your allies and get as many kills as you possibly can. The better your ranking, the more tokens you will receive. All participants are guaranteed at least 1 token.

I myself will compete in this contest and since there is a maximum of 5 players in one game of turret defense, there are 4 slots open. Post here if you wish to compete. :)

Current contestants:

Megafrost
Terrafrost
Battlefrost
n/a
n/a
Last edited by Megafrost on Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby TerraFrost » Fri May 14, 2004 6:31 pm

i'll participate, too :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Evlfrost » Fri May 14, 2004 9:59 pm

Turret Defense? I always hated that map. I think I'll opt out.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Megafrost » Sat May 15, 2004 3:28 am

I forgot to point out something(which may or may not be important). You will need the latest version of Starcraft to play on-line(which you will automatically download if you try logging onto battle.net), and you will also need the Brood War expansion.

And a note to Evlfrost: I'm automatically assuming that everyone is opting out unless they say otherwise. :p
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Sat May 15, 2004 3:54 am

NMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......I GOTTA TELL MY BROTHER TO INSTALL STARCRAFT IN THIS COMP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby BattleFrost » Tue May 18, 2004 4:21 pm

Hey count me in definitely. Mega let me know next time you have one of these. :)
Matter of fact I was just playing that map. Boy I haven't played starcraft in a long time. I've been playing War Craft 3 a lot b/c it's something new to me even though I hate that it takes about 30 sec. to kill each unit.

Hey when do you plan to do this?
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby Megafrost » Tue May 18, 2004 5:40 pm

Hopefully I want all the slots to be filled with players, and then afterwards we'll have to schedule a time to play that will work with every player.

I don't know how long I'll wait for the slots to be filled, but it may be awhile before we play.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Megafrost » Sun May 30, 2004 5:25 pm

I think it's about time we start scheduling a good time to play.

If anybody else wishes to play and we haven't played already, you can ask to participate. However, scheduling needs to start now.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Rapscallion » Mon May 31, 2004 1:57 am

i always lose at starcraft..........it's a curse....... :bam
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Mon May 31, 2004 4:27 pm

What does that mean in terms of this contest?
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby BattleFrost » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:02 pm

We work together in this map :)

[spoiler]But bottom is mine go there and die ^_^ [/spoiler]

:crazy
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby Megafrost » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:12 pm

Well, usually we are supposed to work together, but in this contest we're competing to see who gets the most kills.

What time does it work best for you to play?
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby BattleFrost » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:15 pm

Dam I got different work schedules each week. I only get 1 day off and the other 6 are half a day so I'll look into it. Today right now I'm off :)
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:08 am

how about the weekends? since all the competitors are from round rock, we could even get together at the "frost house" and do it sometime! :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Megafrost » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:07 pm

Yeah, that's probably the solution most likely to work, since it's so difficult to schedule something online. But since I don't know y'alls numbers at all, I think I should get Giga to schedule something. :p
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Next

Return to Contest Cooler