King Alfons

Want a challenge? Then this is the forum for you. Partake in contests or trivia games for a chance to win Tokens.

King Alfons

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:01 pm

The Police labor of Pat labor is named Alfons after a King... there a few famous kings with that name. Name at least two and their main deeds!
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Megafrost » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:27 pm

Post your answer to win a token. :)
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Tar-Herunole » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:43 pm

uhh... busy now. I will later so until I do is still open!
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:07 pm

Well, as you can read here:
http://www.geocities.com/edgarbook/names/a/alfonso.html
Alfons is a Spanish name that was very popular within Spanish Royalty (and also Italy, that was governed for much of its territory during long by the Spanish monarchy)
I will underline two:
Alfons I the Battler of Aragon, was the mos similar thing we can think of a fighter King such Aragorn. Was beloved by his subdits and managed to unite a large territory, not only by the arms but also by marriage of his sons and daughters... and he was extremely feared in battle!

Alfons X from Castilla, the other important Kingdom in which Spain was divided after the Arabian invasion, and that later with Aragon rejoined in the current Spanish Kingdom. Alfons X had some important militar successes as well. Even before being a King, he helped the neighbouring King of Aragon, James I (Jaime I) to conquer the south east of Spain, and they agreed to share the territories.
But Alfons X, known as the Wise (el Sabio) is specially known for his advance in the arts and the sciences. Inhis capital of Toledo, not only christian were welcomed but also Jewish and Muslems that respected the authority of the King of Castilla. That attracted many artists and scintists, men of peace, to Toledo, where many of the wisdom of the Greeks and Egyptians, that had been lost in the European Middle Ages, was recovered by this muslems, jewish and christainas working together to translate to each other languages the wisdom of the time, and the lost scripts of Aristotles that wer kept by the Arabs.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Megafrost » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:35 pm

*awards Tar-Herunole with token and ice cubes*
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Return to Contest Cooler