Horror films....

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Horror films....

Postby Rapscallion » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:03 am

List some of your favorite horror films and say why you like them!!!

1.) Sleepy Hollow- The dialogue is juvenile at times, but I still love the mood this movie is set in. Perfect for Halloween.
2.) Dog Soldiers- Best werewolf movie I've seen(so far). The only movie where I've seen a short, pissed off part Irish, part British soldier trying to box a werewolf.
3.) Jaws- Perfect summer movie, and I love it. Period.
4.) The Grudge- I think I like it so much because it was the first one to scare the shit out of me. I hadn't been exposed to the Japanese horror films (except for the Ring, but I thought that was frickin boring), so I got a friend to go see it with me. It's funny to think back to how scared we were.
5.) Lost Boys- I love how the movie sort of dies off with the vampires. (Vampires awake and partying= hip, elegant, and glamorous; Vampires asleep and about to be staked= frickin "Goonies") It's a nice movie that's rated R for really no reason.
6.) 28 Days Later- Zombie invasions bring out the testosterone in us all.
7.) The Wickerman (the original)- You won't really go head over heels for the original until you see how badly the remake came out. Inspired an AWESOME Iron Maiden song (On the album "Brave New World").
8.) Feast- I saw the previews and decided... yep.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Re: Horror films....

Postby Winkchen » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:30 pm

I`m not a big fan of horror films, but I loved sleepy hollow, a funny film and very nice and I really like johnny depp, he is a great actor ^_^
Winkchen
Townfolk

Re: Horror films....

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:35 pm

1.) Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness - there's just no beating these three, really. Too much delicious zombie cheese.

2.) Shaun of the Dead - Haha, do I even have to explain this one?

3.) Texas Chainsaw Massacre - (the original one), just a real classic, so much more sudden, shocking, and well filmed than any of the remakes, no stupid 'slow chase' stuff.

4.) Alien - Love ^_^ Pure awesome in a space jar. Well, giant ass ore hauler spaceship. But y'all know what I mean, at least if you've seen it.

Hmmm... my brain is duuurrr right now. I'll have to get back with more later. As you can see, I generally like horror that doesn't take itself too seriously, or does but with good reason.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Return to Entertainment Igloo